Panda Global Gaming- The story behind the PANDA

Starcrusher5Game

Full Squid
NNID
Starcrusher258
This is pretty much the story I copied from Quinn, another member of the team, who wrote this amazing story about our comeback in a tournament. Hope you enjoy!!;);)

As a co-founder of Panda Global Warming, [previously SquidAcid (and I'll get there)] I can say without a doubt that the formation of this team was one of the most stressful times I've experienced in a LONG while. But believe me it was totally worth it.

THE DAY BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT

Let's start off with a guy by the name of Hank. You may know him from his YouTube channel, Nintendome. He hosted a tournament that I reallllly wanted to play in, but I didn't have a squid squad to play with! I contacted him not once, not twice, but three times before he responded (this was not his fault because Google was being weird that week).

When we finally got in touch, he set me up with 4 guys. Their names were Alex, Atef, Angel, and Justin (shudder). It was nothing short of a miracle that I got paired with a squad two days before the tourney. This was fantastic news because I didn't think I was going to play in the tournament!

THE FIRST DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT

It was like Christmas morning. We were SO excited. At last, it was time to eat, sleep, ink, and repeat. SquidAcid. That was the name of our team. Our team leader by the name of Justin organized our first matchup. This was it. The time had come to ink our opponents like never before.

The team we played first was....... 3 "S" ranks and an "S+" :/ . Well dang. This was going to go well. Of course we lost that round 3-0 but we kind of expected it.

90% of what follows goes downhill like you wouldn't believe. Buckle up.

So we lost. Justin (our team leader) who we trusted VERY MUCH failed us. Actually, failing us isn't quite the word I'm looking for. It's more like a catastrophic event that lead to the end of the world. Justin believed that if we lost the first match, we were OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT ENTIRELY. This was, of course, not the case. We still had 6 more rounds to go but since he was the team leader, we trusted him.

Bummed as we were, Alex and I decided to get in some more practice.

After a few practice rounds, Alex and I found something out that changed our weekend forever. We got word that WE WERE NOT OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT!!!! We HAD to tell Justin because we could still play!!!

"Justin!!!"
"Justin!!!!"
"Justin?"
"JUSTIN?!?!?!?"
"WHERE THE HECK IS JUSTIN????????????????"

ALEX AND I NEEEEDED TO FIND HIM SO WE CAN PLAY!!!!!
no response
no response
no response
WHERE IS HE???

THIS MARKS THE END OF JUSTIN'S RELEVANCE

THIS ALSO MARKS THE END OF ATEF AND ANGEL'S EXISTENCE (They disappeared. We don't know where they went)

We were forced to play in Round 2 with ONLY 2 PEOPLE!!! Alex, who we knew had some unstable connection, just so happened to disconnect in the middle of a match. It was 1 inkling (me) versus 4 inklings. Obviously, I didn't do that well. I lost by a long shot.

I honestly was set on quitting. It really didn't make any sense for me to play in the tournament anymore. But that wasn't my attitude for long. I knew I was going to make it work.

Hank, man, I'm telling you is AWESOME. He hooked us up with 3 ANGELS. Their names were (and still are) Aiden, Chomp, and Chris. These men would soon form one of the greatest comeback stories of all time. SquidAcid was going to make it.

We would go on to win the next 3 rounds. That's right. You heard me. 3 rounds. How awesome is that?!?!?!?! Honestly, I couldn't believe it. This was the biggest turnaround I've ever seen in Splatoon history.

THE SECOND (and final) DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT

We were in 34th place. 3-2 was our record. We needed to win the last two rounds of the Swiss half of the tourney in order to get a chance at the playoffs. This was no small feat to accomplish if we wanted to make the cut. Alex, myself, Chomp, Chris, and Aiden had to fight to the splat in order to win. Unfortunately, we lost our first match and at that point we weren't able to make the playoffs :(. The good thing however, was that we had one more match to play and we could still participate for fun.

We won the last match. It was by default because the other team had withdrawn from the tourney. That was an easy win :)

We ended the tournament with a record of 4-3. Not bad for a group of squids who came together out of nowhere with different backgrounds, playing styles, and personalities. We also managed to pick up two more inklings for the group and their names are Van and Glitch. We were thrilled to have a team that is not only good, but passionate for the game win or lose.

These people are some of the most awesome people you'll ever meet. We are a team. We are united to keep the Great Zapfish where he belongs in Inkopolis. We. Are. SquidA---

THE DAY AFTER THE TOURNAMENT

This was a new era. This is a time for change. SquidAcid wouldn't fly anymore. We needed a new name. We really, didn't know we needed it until our future team name was accidentally said by a team member. This team member was me. Am I embarrassed about this part of the story? Yeah.... that's an understatement.

Squids Next Door (a Splatoon YouTube channel) was recently sponsored by Panda Global Gaming.

Side note: Congrats to you guys, that's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Anyway, our team was discussing about the tournament and what we should do in the future. The topic came up about Squids Next Door getting sponsored by PGG. I was reading the chat aloud when this was said. I mayyyy or may not have said, "Squids Next Door got sponsored by PANDA GLOBAL WARMING".
Yeah. I said that. I was embarrassed. But it was HILARIOUS.

This is obviously where our new team name came from. I thought about keeping why our name was this a secret, but it only makes sense to include it in our story.

This concludes Panda Global Warming's story. I hope you have enjoyed this and I encourage you to share it with your friends.

Maybe we'll see you in Inkopolis sometime.

That's all for now,
PGW★QUINN

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom