• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Personal pet peeves of mine in this community

Weavile

Inkster Jr.
I've been playing this game for a year or so and saw some stuff about this community that just makes me a little annoyed.
It's mostly people saying a hard to use weapon is bad just because they can't use it, people saying they're are better than someone just because they play an off meta weapon and the other person plays a meta weapon( For example an Inkbrush Player saying they are better than a Blaster player just because of their weapon choices), and just the people who say that competitive players don't truly enjoy this game. It's mostly the comp haters that just say that competitive players just choose the easiest weapons and don't try to explore and say everyone else who isn't at 2500 X power is bad at the game. I know that people bought this game to play how they want play and I'll admit to groaning every time I see an Inkbrush on my team, but at least they know how to use the weapon and they (hopefully) don't call me a bad player because I prefer more "meta" weapons (Like Blaster,Charger, Splatling). Also it's just my opinion the comp scene needs more love, it's pretty noticeable on how little the community is and I think it's worth checking out.

This post is pretty much just me letting out some steam so take it with a grain of salt and I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Yeah I get where you're coming from. It's not right to belittle people for their weapon choices but the sad reality is that some weapons are just outclassed or flat out better than some others which is the nature of competitive games in general. Either way that still doesn't make it right considering how there's endless comp combinations that could in theory work.

I also don't like how super exclusive the competitive community is especially since it's so tiny which makes zero sense.

All in all, I recommend just playing whatever weapon you're most comfortable with and ignoring the salty players. It'll help you in the long run.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I think it may just be a coincidence that a good chunk of the meta weapons are among the easier to use. Blaster, Ttek, and Dualies aren't all that hard and are top-tier, but other popular meta weapons are actually very difficult to learn. Charger, H3D, Custom Jet, Explosher. All of these weapons require a TON of practice.

The claim that comp players don't actually enjoy the game is so ungodly ridiculous that I am honestly surprised it was even said. Why do they think people put in thousands of hours to become good at this game, for the money? There is very little money in comp Sploon as of now. The reason you'd work your tush off to become the best player is because you love the game, I thought that was common sense.

Also, why is the INKBRUSH of all people making fun of you? Inkbrush is bottom tier garbage lmao. If someone calls you bad for using a meta weapon, enlighten them on the fact that no Inkbrush in either game has ever been good.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
It's mostly the comp haters that just say that competitive players just choose the easiest weapons and don't try to explore and say everyone else who isn't at 2500 X power is bad at the game
This isn't true. I personally try new weapons and even strategies sometimes just to keep Splatoon from getting a little stale and keeping it fresh.

Blaster, Ttek, and Dualies aren't all that hard and are top-tier, but other popular meta weapons are actually very difficult to learn
For the record, Blaster and Dualies are incredibly hard to master.

So, let me get this straight, weapons are only high tier because of their skill curve? Ridiculous.

Pupsik

Inkster Jr.
NNID
pupsik2479
enlighten them on the fact that no Inkbrush in either game has ever been good.
While yes, they haven't been meta in both games, some people still make it to S+ (or Rank X now). I understand that some people want to look at the meta and work with it but all that Inkbrush hate has to stop.

People make it to X in every mode with it and they still get made fun of for using
bottom tier garbage

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Weapons are meta because they’re objectively better than other weapons, making them easy to use against those other weapons that aren’t meta. Even after using all meta weapons in comp there’s still a lot of work to do on micro and M A C R O game sense. Don’t get me wrong most meta weapons are really easy to pick up, especially the frontlines, but being able to play those frontlines at a high level takes lots of skill, as is the same w every other weapon in the game. I play charger competitively and there’s a lot to learn switching from solo to comp, in the ways of skill, mechanics, and understanding the community. The community has it’s ups and downs but people still play the game because they love it, and the comp scene is very much alive (although luti div x is a big joke this season lmao). Also demise is falling off, but anyways, I love this community, and to the original point, inkbrush is trash xddddd

Weavile

Inkster Jr.
I think it may just be a coincidence that a good chunk of the meta weapons are among the easier to use. Blaster, Ttek, and Dualies aren't all that hard and are top-tier, but other popular meta weapons are actually very difficult to learn. Charger, H3D, Custom Jet, Explosher. All of these weapons require a TON of practice.

The claim that comp players don't actually enjoy the game is so ungodly ridiculous that I am honestly surprised it was even said. Why do they think people put in thousands of hours to become good at this game, for the money? There is very little money in comp Sploon as of now. The reason you'd work your tush off to become the best player is because you love the game, I thought that was common sense.

Also, why is the INKBRUSH of all people making fun of you? Inkbrush is bottom tier garbage lmao. If someone calls you bad for using a meta weapon, enlighten them on the fact that no Inkbrush in either game has ever been good.
I never said the Inkbrush was making fun of me. It was just some comments I saw during my time in the community.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
This isn't true. I personally try new weapons and even strategies sometimes just to keep Splatoon from getting a little stale and keeping it fresh.

For the record, Blaster and Dualies are incredibly hard to master.
Which is why I said learn.

While yes, they haven't been meta in both games, some people still make it to S+ (or Rank X now). I understand that some people want to look at the meta and work with it but all that Inkbrush hate has to stop.

People make it to X in every mode with it and they still get made fun of for using
That was in direct counterpoint to that player. If I was talking with some guy and he said he used Inkbrush, I wouldn't crap on him, but since he attacked a group of people, claiming that the weapons they play are easy and require no skill, (which is unbelievably ironic, considering he doesn't have the game knowledge himself to not play a bad weapon) he shall get oofed.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Yeah I hear people saying in Twitch chat all the time that there should be a filter to filter out certain weapons from their lobbies. Sploosh, aerospray, and e-liter get the most hate I think. I don’t automatically declare a game a loss whenever I see one of those weapons on my team. I give them a chance to see what they’re going to do. There’s a player out there who mains silver aerospray and is always Top 500 so I think every weapon has a purpose in the right hands. It’s just sadly half the time these weapons are in the wrong hands. lol Also I see a lot of gear judging in Twitch chat. Like for all you know that person could either be leveling up gear or they forgot to switch their weapon to go with their gear. Or they’re just experimenting around with abilities/weapons combos. As long as they’re contributing to getting wins, it really shouldn’t matter what weapon or gear someone is running. And I think every community that has a competitive scene is gonna have their share of pretentious annoying elitists.

Edit: I wish I was able to add the clip of Putz getting salty one stream, yelling “F*ck this community!”. Lmao

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom