Pets in splatoon

Relados

Senior Squid
Well, Inklings also revive from dissolving and falling from heights, so clearly they're too durable to be killed by mundane methods.

Inklings are made of ink, which is primarily melanin, so any conditions or chemicals that would alter or destroy melanin would be a reliable means of permanently killing them. Electricity doesn't seem to provide those conditions, so Inklings are probably safe from that.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
NO

THIS IS A THIRD PERSON SHOOTER

IT'S NOT ANIMAL CROSSING

STOP IT WITH THESE SILLY SUGGESTIONS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Well, that's when we're attacked by foreign ink colors. :p Other means of harm are likely not as forgiving.
Well.... We're squids and we can't survive the water.... So you might be right. o_O I say we test it out. Throw a bunch of zapfish into a tank and find a volunteer to try. :v

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
NO

IT'S NOT ANIMAL CROSSING

ur icon matches this statement

An animal is a creature that is not as intelligent to the point of civilization. But the squids in this world have evolved to that level, so technically, squids aren't animals anymore; they're people.
BUT PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS DID YOU ALL NOT SEE MY COMMENT! OMG

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
ur icon matches this statement
That's why I picked it. I like this site, but the endless crazy suggestions people come up with drive me up the wall.

In time there will be Splatoon spinoffs and sequels where you'll get to do all sorts of stuff with the inklings, but with this game what you see is what you're getting. We'll see some more weapons, some more maps and maybe a wildcard like playable octolings (I'm still not sure how that would work) but that's it. As a game developer, you can't just dream up a feature and see it happen, even small stuff takes a lot of work.

Splatoon is a really good game. Can't you just be happy with what it is?

Relados

Senior Squid
There's nothing wrong with suggesting ideas for other content that could make this game or future games more interesting. No one's saying Splatoon is bad because it lacks this particular feature.

Sure, there's next to no chance any features not rooted in the current game's design will be added, but the discussion is harming no one.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
NO

IT'S NOT ANIMAL CROSSING

You need to CALM DOWN.

Yes, Splatoon is a shooter. But where does it say that cosmetic touches are like a lethal virus, as you're treating them? I understand it takes a little time to develop even cosmetic stuff, but you've gone as far as to call the suggestion of pants in a game that emphasizes customization and style "stupid" (even moreso than removing a piece of gear), and even jumped to the conclusion that new hairstyles would be a horrible idea because apparently we're so easily distracted by everything that the hairstyles would be bad despite the fact that I've yet to hear anything about people getting easily distracted by the headgear already in this game, let alone people distracted by opponent's customization in video games in general. They're just nice little touches.

These are just suggestions we'd like to see ourselves personally, based on who suggested it, even if it's a small cosmetic touch. Don't want to hear about "silly" suggestions? Then don't enter a topic about it just to whine about it.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I would like to have pets in Splatoon. It would be cute to have them follow you around the plaza and dress them in cute outfits, and to see other people's pets. I think it would be cool to have pets assist you in battle somehow... Not in a major way but still. Maybe they could ink some turf for your team (or do something else in ranked)?

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would like to have pets in Splatoon. It would be cute to have them follow you around the plaza and dress them in cute outfits, and to see other people's pets. I think it would be cool to have pets assist you in battle somehow... Not in a major way but still. Maybe they could ink some turf for your team (or do something else in ranked)?
I'd prefer they just appear in the results screen, either cheering or throwing a tantrum ;)

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I'm starting to think that Splatoon needs its own Animal Crossing-esque spin off game so people can have things like customizable rooms, pets, pants, hair gel, etc etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom