• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Phobias

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Obligatory:

Welp, my past has come back to haunt me. I tried really hard to fade the memories of this movie out of my mind, like another one I still remember. I've never watched the whole thing only the final part and that was still morbid.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Welp, my past has come back to haunt me. I tried really hard to fade the memories of this movie out of my mind, like another one I still remember. I've never watched the whole thing only the final part and that was still morbid.
Whoops.

I didn't know about the first two, but Hippos are territorial jerks just like the cassowary. The other knowledge about dolphins is really disturbing.
Herbivores (like hippos) have to fight for their lives more often compared to carnivores since they are always on the menu. Herbivores kill more humans than carnivores. Most people know to avoid carnivores naturally but consider herbivores "friendlier" so that explains the death rate.

Dolphins are almost too human. And they do more disturbing things that can not be mentioned on this forum.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I always have to laugh when someone complains about something by claiming it's "unnatural". Nature is "naturally" vicious, vile, disgusting, and full of equal parts wonder and horror.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
I always have to laugh when someone complains about something by claiming it's "unnatural". Nature is "naturally" vicious, vile, disgusting, and full of equal parts wonder and horror.
The funny part is that something natural derives from nature. I suppose they claim it's unnatural becomes it's out of their norm or they find displeasure in something. The unusual or cryptic can be frightening if left untouched. I used to have fear for plenty of insects especially bees, now the level of that fear has diminished. I still guess goosebumpes for some predators and those that are agile. Now I have an interest in them even made an OC. I also plan to study more about insects, arachnids, etc in my spare time.

Last edited:

Shamie

Inkling
NNID
Shamie
My phobia? Dark of course...

I should have outgrown that fear a long time ago but apparently I haven't. Impending doom is never a good feeling, especially at night with no one around for security and in a basement....

I sleep with a nightlight, yes...I'm a big baby.

I have social anxiety too, but not a phobia of social situations. I can tolerate them, I just don't know how to handle them.

Needles Jewel

Inkling
I have a few fears, actually.

1. Pupae. AKA the gross squirmy things between the insect stages of larva and adult. This is a true phobia- I will avoid going into any room containing one and have a mental breakdown if I see one, even just a picture.

2. I'm terrified of deep water. This is a strange case because my favorite species of fish, the ocean sunfish, lives in the open ocean.

3. Any sort of conflict at all, especially if people start raising their voices.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
My phobia? Dark of course...

I should have outgrown that fear a long time ago but apparently I haven't. Impending doom is never a good feeling, especially at night with no one around for security and in a basement....

I sleep with a nightlight, yes...I'm a big baby.

I have social anxiety too, but not a phobia of social situations. I can tolerate them, I just don't know how to handle them.
Don't worry, you're not alone in the dark (Okay that wasn't supposed to sound creepy.)

I have a few fears, actually.

1. Pupae. AKA the gross squirmy things between the insect stages of larva and adult. This is a true phobia- I will avoid going into any room containing one and have a mental breakdown if I see one, even just a picture.

2. I'm terrified of deep water. This is a strange case because my favorite species of fish, the ocean sunfish, lives in the open ocean.

3. Any sort of conflict at all, especially if people start raising their voices.
Wow, never watch a movie with insects or aliens. Especially "Body Snatchers". Also deep water is pretty creepy since there are lots of things faster than you in it. :scared:

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I am horribly afraid of spiders. Just thinking about them seriously makes me cringe.... And there's also a few other nonsensical things they make me do. More than half the time I see one I'm too afraid to kill it. Today I had to go to the bathroom and there was a spider right on the freaking toilet. **** my life. ;_;

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
More than half the time I see one I'm too afraid to kill it.
Similar for me. I probably could kill multi-legged terrors if I had a large enough boot/long enough stick/whatever, but I just principally refuse to do so, meaning that capturing and releasing them is my only option. But that's much more difficult if one's afraid to go near them, so, thus far, I've only survived close encounters thanks to having family members who don't mind them and are willing to take the trouble for me. So... this is potentially going to be a new issue when I move out for university.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Used to be afraid of vermin as a child. Then I pushed myself to overcome the fear to not be a stereotypical woman. I played class hero in college when I killed a large waterbug. Nearly the whole class was screaming.

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
They tell me I have a fear of rejection. Considering that I'd rather take a 0 on an assignment rather than turn in something that might possibly be average at best/worst, and that I can hardly stand the thought of asking people out, they have a point. (Then again it wouldn't be so bad if I could be convinced that a half-baked paper is worth more than an F, or if every girl I've ever been interested in wasn't already taken...)

Other than that, I also have a deep fear about dying in my sleep. I know some people would prefer to go out peacefully like that, but it's nothing short of horrifying for me. It was bad enough that for a while I actually dreaded the idea of even sleeping, thinking that every night would be my last.
...well, crap. Now I'm gonna have some sweet dreams tonight.
I can totally relate to that fear of rejection thing. It's a form of perfectionism. I had a hard time in high school because of it, and I'm only sort of getting over it now.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
Dogs have historically been my biggest phobia. Like, even puppies send me running.

I also have a recent phobia of finding a girlfriend/getting married. Certain events in recent years have given rise to trust issues and an increase in anxiety when even the thought of having a girlfriend crosses my mind. Which sucks because I'm awfully lonely and could use someone like that in my life.

You are all free to point and laugh at me now.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Love seeing all these practical phobias and all I know is I have a severe phobia of mimes. Metamfiezomaiophobia is what it's called if anyone is interested lol. Figured it out the really hard way in Trier, Germany 2 years ago. Odd I went 21 years without ever seeing a mime, but it was a hard realization lol.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Dogs have historically been my biggest phobia. Like, even puppies send me running.

I also have a recent phobia of finding a girlfriend/getting married. Certain events in recent years have given rise to trust issues and an increase in anxiety when even the thought of having a girlfriend crosses my mind. Which sucks because I'm awfully lonely and could use someone like that in my life.

You are all free to point and laugh at me now.
-points- Haaa haaaa~(in a monotone) You are scared of finding a partner. In all serious though, that's not bad. Usually people are afraid of being alone or germs. At least you aren't afraid of some insects in the Hymenoptera family like bees or wasps. Today a red paper wasp was just flying in front of me until it flew away. All I know is that they can be aggressive and sting repeatedly. On the bright side, even though I'm afraid of insects, it makes me happy to learn more about them. I've learned why some wasps are agressive pricks and the reason is kind of dark. Also, it's kind of ironic that I made a character off of one. Okay, I'm getting deja vu vibes from typing all of this out and I almost forgot that I made this thread.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
Love seeing all these practical phobias and all I know is I have a severe phobia of mimes. Metamfiezomaiophobia is what it's called if anyone is interested lol. Figured it out the really hard way in Trier, Germany 2 years ago. Odd I went 21 years without ever seeing a mime, but it was a hard realization lol.
Wow, mimes, silent but deadly clowns? They seem so calm and peaceful. Guess it's not the best time to mention that I wanna make a character off mimes. Is it okay if I ask what makes mimes so scary? Also, what happened in Trier, Germany, and what was it like (both the event and Germany)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom