• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Plateau Passers

Mayul

Inkling
NNID
Mayuls
Hey Squiddles.

Without much thought, you would say everyone's ranking experience is different right?

There isn't just ONE way to climb that filthy ladder is there.

I want to hear it, tell me about it. What did you have to change in your own style to get that juicy division you worked so hard for? Was it nothing? Did you have to run a different set? Did you turn motion controls on?;)

Let us know.

Before my save data was erased, getting through C was a breeze. Recently tracking through it, I finally understood why a close friend would talk about it the way he did about C- <-> C+. I just couldn't for the life of me understand how I was stuck there now but got out so easily before. Then it dawned upon me, I died too often at crucial points or just in general. I wasn't completely sure about how to fix it but a temporary solution for me was to pick up Splattershot Jr. because of shield and it literally carried me the entire way to B-.

Alright you Plateau Passers, your turn. What did you do?

LAX

Pro Squid
NNID
ninfanjohn
I used the Zink Mini Splatling because of the range and the bubbler. It carried me to S rank.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Played a lot and overall got better from experience. A lot of people feel like they need to use certain weapons to rank up, but you really don't. If you keep trying with what you personally like using the most you can make it eventually. Heck, the first time I got to S Rank I was using the regular L-3 nozzlenose only and was still on stick controls, although I had to mostly play Port to make that work out.

I get sad when I see people drop their favorite weapon in like A Rank because they feel like they need to in order to continue when they really don't.

LAX

Pro Squid
NNID
ninfanjohn
play ttek and don't be dumb
zink mini has more range and the bubbler. plus it wins in ttek 1v1s because disruptor slows down its mobility and it has bubbler for the free invicibility

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Rank S player here, my passage was a bit strange on the beginning.
On 1.0 I did play as a Aerospray, from C- to B- without any trouble, I think almost everyone was learning splatoon so there was no trouble. After the update, I think the damage on being dirty with opponent's team paint was amplified so I did change to my previous weapon: Krakon Roller.
I could climb until A- with no trouble, but it was another plateau there, and there was no S and S+ rank at that time.

I started to train using Gold Dynamo rollers, with that I became more aware of enemies around, and supporting my team. As 2.0 was released I could climb easily to A+ but couldn't leave 70~80. So I tried again my old Krak-On roller, now more conscious of more variables I could climb to S.

After 2.3 and the roller nerf I fall back to B+, many of my strategies weren't valid anymore so I changed to Octobrush and raise to S again :D

sammich

Inkling Cadet
played as the squiffer (classic) and got to B+, couldn't cross to A- for the life of me.
switched to splattershot pro and jumped level easily. after a bit of time, i got into A. switched back to the squiffer. dropped down into B+ again at first, but it was super easy to get back into the As and then up to A+.

took about half a year off from ranked, playing turf wars exclusively, getting the hang of a few other weapon types and just relaxing.

just a week ago re-entered ranked. easily rose to S twice, though i fell back both times trying to get the hang of rainmaker mode (which was new the last time i played ranked half a year ago).

----------------------------------

once i GOT to A-, i actually had an easier time than in B+. then after a few rounds of A-, B+ was suddenly no challenge, and climbing to A+ was extremely smooth.

it shouldn't make sense, but that's how it worked out.

Tuff

Full Squid
NNID
Wolfysmash
I used to play with Dual Sticks and didn't have much trouble getting to B ranks but then I got stuck there for a long time. I relearned the game with Motion Controls and it improved my mobility and aiming a lot which helped me get into A ranks. After that it was all just willpower and perseverance, and just constantly learning how to improve and finding what weapon gel'd with me most. Now I usually go pretty even in S-ranks but that's a hard rank to move up in so yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom