Play with Friends in Ranked

Frisky Boots

Inkling
NNID
Bazaar
Hey guys, just going to put this out there, and I've only tested it twice and it worked both times, so I feel it's worth posting.

So my friend and I usually play Splatoon in a TeamSpeak server so we can chat while we play together in normals. Then he just offhandedly said that we should try to see if we get randomly queued in ranked together. I laughed at first, but then we tried it. Since we were going to be talking anyways, we decided to enter together on a countdown. If we hit join at the same time (or roughly), we found that we get queued together! Sometimes it takes a try or two, but we always manage to get it in a reasonable time.

Just thought I'd share that finding!

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
It's probably because NO ON PLAYS RANKED. It takes forever to get a game going in that mode.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
That's still a long time compared to turf wars. I never wait even a minute for those.
2 minutes is pretty good,considering the fact that the game needs to pair you up with people in your skill level. Pairing up with anyone is easy. But trying to pair you up with other Bs or As can definitely make things a bit more difficult. Either or, 2 minutes is not that long of a time to wait.

Not only that, but Turf Wars is the only game mode that you can effectively play with your friends in, so it comes to no surprise to me if people just want to play that instead.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
2 minutes is pretty good,considering the fact that the game needs to pair you up with people in your skill level. Pairing up with anyone is easy. But trying to pair you up with other Bs or As can definitely make things a bit more difficult. Either or, 2 minutes is not that long of a time to wait.

Not only that, but Turf Wars is the only game mode that you can effectively play with your friends in, so it comes to no surprise to me if people just want to play that instead.
You can play with your friends in turf wars, though.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
It's probably because NO ON PLAYS RANKED. It takes forever to get a game going in that mode.
Um, what? What you just said is not even close to being true. It's not anymore difficult finding players in ranked than turf wars. Now, there might be some times where the room times out because nobody is joining, but that happens rarely, if it all. Even during the times I see people leave the room after a battle(presumably because they want better teammates), new players join all the time to replace them.

Frisky Boots

Inkling
NNID
Bazaar
Same team or opposite?
It's just as random as Turf Wars with teaming. Just like if you stick with it when you go in, you'll end up on your friend's team at some point or another.

As far as everything being luck or whatever still, I hold to the fact that I've gotten results time and time again, so if it's luck then it's really good luck. Again, it might not be on the first go of it, because sometimes it takes two or three (never had more than three) times of trying for us to get paired together. Might as well try it. Maybe it is luck, but then luck works well enough for me to keep on getting it.

Not Noah

Inkling
NNID
nterror
I'm his friend here to confirm that it worked on more than one occasion. We were both rank B- and the most it ever took for us to get together was 3 attempts.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
Um, what? What you just said is not even close to being true. It's not anymore difficult finding players in ranked than turf wars. Now, there might be some times where the room times out because nobody is joining, but that happens rarely, if it all. Even during the times I see people leave the room after a battle(presumably because they want better teammates), new players join all the time to replace them.
Obviously what I said is close to being true because I experienced it.

Sosuneki

Inkling
NNID
Mystmyst
Interesting, it seems like something I might have to try eventually when I have (or know) more friends that play

TehMud

Inkling
NNID
TehMud
This makes alot of sense. I need to try it with friends as well.

This works in other games such as H1Z1's Battle Royale in that you and your friend get queued up together when you do a countdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom