• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

playable octolings

Scarlient

Full Squid
I think Nintendo should put octolings in the game. They could be a separate mode maybe like octolings vs inkling or a separate option were your in the octolings territory and your a octoling or maybe a new story line as a octoling. Nintendo can totally do this i would love to see it happen even if it is dlc i have to buy.

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
Maybe some asymmetric multiplayer where one side plays as all the different kinds of octo-enemies and the other are normal inklings. Like Left 4 Dead or Spies vs. Mercs or something.

That may be cool.

Scarlient

Full Squid
Maybe some asymmetric multiplayer where one side plays as all the different kinds of octo-enemies and the other are normal inklings. Like Left 4 Dead or Spies vs. Mercs or something.

That may be cool.
yeah that would be cool but i think playing as them as in like the inkling is more appealing

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
yeah that would be cool but i think playing as them as in like the inkling is more appealing
But just throwing octolings in there and calling it a day seems like a waste. I think there should at least be minor differences like the humans and chimera in Resistance: Fall of Man.

Bippzy

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7508-4027-9894
It'd be cool, but as stated before it'd have to be different. I don't want a reskin of the current modes with Octolings just thrown in. There would have to be a different game mode entirely. An idea I had randomly would be: The Octolings have a base and have a few added benefits to their weapons (less ink consumption, more damage/firepower/etc.). The other team has to get into the base and defeat a mini-boss to win within a time limit. It'd switch off teams (like how it does currently) every game so no one is stuck as one or the other (unless someone is really lucky/unlucky).

It would add more mission-based combat to teamwork!

Scarlient

Full Squid
It'd be cool, but as stated before it'd have to be different. I don't want a reskin of the current modes with Octolings just thrown in. There would have to be a different game mode entirely. An idea I had randomly would be: The Octolings have a base and have a few added benefits to their weapons (less ink consumption, more damage/firepower/etc.). The other team has to get into the base and defeat a mini-boss to win within a time limit. It'd switch off teams (like how it does currently) every game so no one is stuck as one or the other (unless someone is really lucky/unlucky).

It would add more mission-based combat to teamwork!
sounds cool

Aura

Infiltrator
I don't see what's wrong with using Octolings as a reskin for Inklings. It is possible for it to work because their dimensions aren't too different, and on the case of colored ink, it hasn't been confirmed that they can't change color like Inklings can. What has been confirmed is that Octolings have the same powers as Inklings (not a direct quote, but the old man from the story mode mentions it). That's a general area. There's also the case of the Octoling/Inkling relationship that is seen in the credits, which could lead to the Octolings becoming partners with Inklings, and so on.

I say go for it. I'd like to play as an Octoling in normal gameplay, stomping Inklings with my sexy boots. :bubbler:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Yes, this thread has been made 1,000,000 times I believe, or the idea has just floated around a lot with no thread. Either way I definitely agree and hope it happens eventually.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
In Halo 2's campaign, you switched between playing as Master Chief and the Covenant Arbiter. That would be hella sick if Nintendo did something similar.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus

SuperMii3D

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
If the Octolings do become a playable breed, Ill stay as an Inkling, only because "Youre a kid now, youre a squid now" sounds catchier than whatever the Octolings would have :p

Scarlient

Full Squid

ZestyN

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZestyN
Sure playable octolings would be cool... but playing as those little jellyfish people is clearly the best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom