General Guide playing smarter: a guide to improving tactical thinking

zyf_

Pro Squid
Holy_shimp-edited.jpg

GUIDE LINK

Putting this here because this is honestly where it always belonged. Grateful for any feedback, questions, or follow-up discussion—hopefully people actually read it/found it useful, but posting it into the void of twitter doesn't exactly give me a good idea of how it was received or used or understood.
I assume most ppl here have already seen it cuz it kinda blew up a bit.

tl;dr: It's an in-depth guide on how to think during a splatoon match and learn from your gameplay/other VODs. I wrote it from the fundamentals up, but i think it has use for anyone from around S rank to high-level competitive (and above, for those of you who get lots of questions from random people asking you how to get good).

Anyway ya hope we can get a good discussion going
I'm hoping someday to write a different one about combat and mechanics and micro decisionmaking during fights and stuff bc fortunately I have always sucked at that so I've got a good idea of how I got better at everything, some of you were just born gifted i swear

Attachments

Loctos

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0079-7397-7401
I haven't even been on here for a day and I already gained more knowledge than I ever did on twitter in over 3 years of playing comp

Yonbon

Inkling
One of my favorite guides that I've been recommending to all of my friends that are trying to improve at the game! Has helped me a ton and I keep referring back to it, thanks for making again. <3

Snikerop

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
I read a bit of this while it was still being written, and even that has informed my thinking about the game in a positive way. Finding it again was difficult, so I'm excited to finish it now that it's in a more accessible location.

freshsquiffer

Fruity Pink Inkling
NNID
Timeflyer
Switch Friend Code
SW-4789-4432-9397
SUPER VOUCH super amazing helpful guide that forced me to stop and think abt the game properly!!

I do think at some points its hard to just sit down and read but tbh thats just a me myself and I problem, I've taken to trying to rewrite parts myself to digest it properly and it helps a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom