plaza post (and twitter integration) changes

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
even currently I feel like Twitter interactions are probably weighted pretty lightly if it all. I'd imagine it's all/mostly based on "Fresh!" interactions and player history with previous posts.
i thought there was some confirmation somewhere that twitter interaction did influence what you see in the plaza? i could absolutely be wrong though

by “player history” do you mean like, a user whose posts have been in everyone’s plaza before and gotten Fresh! interactions is more likely to have their posts keep showing up? that’d make sense if twitter clout really isn’t as important as a lot of us have been assuming

oh no now i’m curious how this system that’s about to be obsolete works

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
i wonder if there will be more substantial changes in the mythical Splatoon 4? like, stuff like:
  • some sort of algorithm to show you posts in line with what you’ve liked before. would have the added bonus of making it so i never have to see anyone online complain about how their plaza’s posts don’t cater to them again lol. i just don’t really know how this would work… hashtags? text fields? half-explained AI that’s gonna make artists nervous about making posts?
  • a way to follow users whose posts you like seeing? conversely, a way to block users whose posts you don’t want to see
  • uhhh i thought i had more but that’s all i got actually. feel free to add on and speculate with me 👍
I just really want a way to see friends' posts specifically, or at LEAST the posts of the people who I played with recently who you see hang out in the plaza outside the lobby/grizzco building. I don't understand why it doesn't let you see those. At first I thought it was just that they didn't have any recent posts but then I tested it with friends and you just.... don't see their posts, no matter what. I don't understand this decision.

The idea of having a following-mechanic and a post feed is kind of fun (maybe it shows up as a community pinboard somewhere or like a specific wall that is always graffitied with posts of those you follow-- I just don't want following people to displace the random assortment of things you see either) Or maybe if someone's made a recent post you can see it when you go to view their locker?

Also I really wonder how the system works for what posts show up in your plaza because it feels like it's the same dozen or so super popular people in my plaza all the time; I'm not sure how I am even supposed to fresh someone to push them higher in the popularity ranks when I am pretty sure 90% of the posts I am seeing are from people already way up in popularity. That's part of why I tend to think it's more about twitter popularity than freshes, because at least on twitter people have a chance to see their friends' posts and new/less popular posts and like them there. But I don't think anyone actually knows for certain or has any evidence other than anecdotes and theories.

catgirlinspace

Inkling
Pronouns
she/it
Switch Friend Code
SW-7547-4934-8099
by “player history” do you mean like, a user whose posts have been in everyone’s plaza before and gotten Fresh! interactions is more likely to have their posts keep showing up?
yep! just judging this off of what i’ve seen with players repeatedly being in the city.

also to be clear, these are just guesses I have based off of what I’ve seen. I don’t know how the backend chooses posts to show (other than splatfest region and probably language are used).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom