• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Please help, I suck.

Kris_K

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2715-6684-4401
Hey guys, I've been using the Aerospray MG a lot recently and I'm regularly number 1 on my team as far as ink coverage; however my splat game is severely suffering. When I come toe to toe with someone on the opposing team I WILL get splatted. Every. Single. Time.

Any pointers on not getting killed constantly?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Hey guys, I've been using the Aerospray MG a lot recently and I'm regularly number 1 on my team as far as ink coverage; however my splat game is severely suffering. When I come toe to toe with someone on the opposing team I WILL get splatted. Every. Single. Time.

Any pointers on not getting killed constantly?
Watch your positioning, make sure you aren't heading too deep in enemy territory, where your escape can get cut off. Try to pick fights where the enemy hasn't noticed you yet. Make sure you are accurate and land your shots. Miss a couple, and you are most likely to lose, since other weapons have a much faster time to kill.

You may also want to start experimenting with other weapons as well. You may find better success Splating the enemy with other weapons. Aerospray is nice for turf war and whatnot, but you will need to learn how to play other weapons for when you want to play ranked mode.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
When you first go toe to toe, back up and try and to see what kind of play style the use. Then, if on hand, throw s you sub wepon to make them back up for a second, all the while your rushing through and firing at the same time. If they respond with another attack, try backing up and then repeating till it works.

This has worked with me for a while when I use this wepon, so I hope it woks for you!

Last edited:

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
The aerospray is severely OP when it comes to ink coverage. That is what it is intended for. The down side is it is probably the weakest weapon in the game. In a face to face fight with a competent player, you probably won't win. They will out range and outdamage you. If you can learn to ambush though, you will have an easier time, because the aerosprays ridiculous fire rate will make short work of someone who isn't expecting you. What I used to do before switching off using the aerospray, is find a lone enemy and toss my sub in a way that would make them run where I wanted them to, where I would be ready to flank from the side and unload...usually due to the chaos and their primary objective of escaping the sub weapon, they will run right into your waiting range.

My best advice though is don't worry about killing. Hope your team is well rounded and isn't made up of 3 or 4 aerosprays. Let them kill....you make it your mission to recover turf. Any kills you manage are just sprinkles.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
The aerospray is a bad combat weapon. You will be at a disadvantage unless you can get a sneak attack, and other weapons will still sneak attack better than you. Avoid combat when using an aerospray. Your best attack option is your sub and special.
However, becaues turf wars is still decided by your ability to control the map, not just paint it, you would be better off choosing a weapon with more strength in splatting.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I suggest that you drop the Areo for now, and use the N-Zap or Splattershot Jr. instead. They have a similar fighting style but are more combat oriented. Ink Armor allows you to overextend and close the distance between long-range fighters like the Splattershot Pro or Heavy Splatling, and bombs allow you to zone people out. You'll still have very good ink coverage, but just a little bit less than what you are used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom