Poll: E-Litre 3K, Splat Charger or Kelp Splat Charger? (scopes included)

I prefer...

• Splat Charger (and/or scope includes Hero Charger)

• Kelp Splat Charger (and/or scope)

• E-litre 3K (And/or scope includes custom)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

Just wanted to drum up a casual discussion about which one you would prefer.

I didn't include any Bamboozlers or Squiffers, etc because of their quick charge times and low range and want to focus from the standard upwards. I have been trying out the Kelp Splatterscope and the E-litre 3K scope today in turf wars to gain experience in sniping and after my run today, I honestly prefer the normal/kelp chargers mainly due to their charge times. The range isn't THAT short of the E-litre (especially considering if they're both scoped) and the extra charge time and shots available before refilling puts me off the latter.

But I want to ask the squids of this forum, what's your preference and the reasons why? I'll keep the poll simple but if you vote for a certain charger then the scope is included as well.

P.s. I mentioned Turf wars but you can use any mode you wish.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I just picked up chargers and I'm having much success with the standard Splatterscopes, I prefer Splat Bombs on the Standard version for a bit of defense, and can flood out an entire area with Bomb Rush. E liters truly are for masters, I miss a lot of shots still and E liter charge time gives a huge penalty for that. It's amazing range and lovely Burst Bombs, and my favorite special Echolocator (not to mention the interesting Custom set as well, Kraken!), makes it deadly in good hands.

BKTang'

Inkling
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
Every charger is good as long as you are accurate, but I prefer the normal / kelp splatterscope.
I mainly use scopes because I think I'm better with it, much more successful sniping people. And my choice depends a lot on the mode / maps:

In turf wars, I'm using the splatterscope, because splat bombs and bomb rush can cover a big area

In splat zones, same thing, bomb rush is really useful to take back the zone. The exception here is moray towers (and sometimes flounder heights), where I go with the E-liter 3K scope, mostly because there's a huge chance to have one in the other team, and also for the range!

Finally for tower control and rainmaker, I'm picking the kelp splatterscope, sprinkler can be useful for the rainmaker shield, or to cover an area while doing another thing, but the big bonus is the killer wail here. For tower control it's pretty obvious, as you know where the tower is you just have to aim well to protect / take back the tower. And same strategy goes for the rainmaker.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I am still learning how to use chargers well with the splatterscope, as it has good enough range and fire rate to keep firing, and Splat bombs for close quarters.

Also, where is Custom E-Litre 3k?

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
pity that the other chargers weren't in here, because the bamboozler 14 mk 1 is perhaps my favorite gun in the game. but alas, it is more of a rifle than a sniper rifle so it makes sense. anywho, getting on topic, guess i'd go for hero charger replica, not only because it is my favorite weapon design in the game, but also because i'm not of fan of scopes. i feel paranoid of i don't have eyes on the field at all times, and i might as well for with the cool design since not everyone can rock it. plus, if all else fails, one can never go wrong with going back to basics.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I understand that this may be more on the restrictive side of things but I wanted to keep things as simple as possible. I know most may not prefer scopes but this is based on the distance and there's not much between them so that's why I decided not to include them in one area.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I used to usually use the kelp splatterscope, but eventually used the 3K and 3K scope once it released because of the extra range. It took some getting used to because of the charge time, but now it feels normal to me.

ShadowSlash17

Inkling
NNID
ShadowSlash17
I'm not too sure which I prefer. I like the added range the E-Liter has, which has won me lots of Charger vs Charger battles(and given me a chance against other E-Liters). Using the (kelp) Splat Charger, however, is a lot more mobile and I tend to play better because of the shorter charge time/better ink efficiency. I do want to get better with E-Liter, so I play it almost exclusively now.

Regarding scope variants, I disliked using Splatterscope at first because it felt unnatural, but once I got used to it(I wanted that extra range) it has gotten so much easier to snipe. I unfortunately can't go back to sniping without a scope no matter how hard I try(working on this too).

Subs/Specials: I prefer Killer Wail to Bomb Rush, but I use the one more fit to the mode/stage. I prefer Burst Bombs/Echolocater to all the other choices though. Not a an of Squid Beakon too much, but I like Kraken a bit.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
My preference is a leaning a bit towards E-Liter with Kraken but I enjoy the Hero Charger as well. Personally the map and mode makes a difference for me when selecting the weapon.

E-Liter
for larger maps or maps with more open spaces(Moray, Mall, SkatePark, Rig, Depot, Triggerfish)
Hero Charger for more confined maps with more obstacles(Underpass, Flounder Heights, Hammerhead Bridge)
Maps like Port, Kelp Dome you can be successful with either option. Personally I don't play with E-Liter during Rainmaker rotations, find the range less useful in such instances. More mobility in Rainmaker appears to be a more successful tactic for me and Hero Charger provides this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom