Poll: How did you get hyped for this game?

How did you get hyped for Splatoon?

• Turf Wars!

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Single Player Campaign!

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • CoD got boring, so I wanted to give this game a try!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Getting to the top of the ranked ladder!

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Other (post a reply)

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

werty12345

Inkling
NNID
THEEPICPICKLE900
Splatoon is shaping up to be one of the most original and creative games Nintendo has put out there, and I want your opinion: How did you get interested? I'll be posting this on r/splatoon as well, and when the game releases I will close the voting and hold a discussion on how this game might become a success. Happy voting!

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Why is cod always mentioned lol? I'm hyped but not over the top due i can't play with friends until august.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I got hyped due to the originality of the whole concept of the game. It looked promising from the start.

Azure

Inkling
NNID
grayscaleVacancy
I remember people talking about splatoon during E3 and I was like splatoon? and then I watched the trailer and i got so excited about it

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
The Outfits and the Characters. Inklings are the coolest Nintendo Characters ever

GuySafari

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Oshawottfan33
Honestly playing the game

I was like "this game is gonna be alright at best"
then I played it

probably one of the best gaming experiences i've ever had

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
Of the poll options, I chose Turf Wars, because it's a really cool concept in general, and it really is the coolest part of the game.

But the game has tons of charm, too. The art style, the colors, the gear/clothing/equipment. That all helps to make the core game design all that much more fun.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Well, I guess that the reveal trailer at E3 just really convinced me this was going to be an incredibly fun game.

I voted getting to the top of the ranked ladder, though, because the first thought I had when the reveal trailer was finished was "I'm going to be the best Splatoon player ever!"

Linkfreak404

Full Squid
NNID
linkfreak404
I got hyped for it because it has a Team Fortress2/Jet Set Radio vibe to it. The gameplay looks solid too, but what won me over was the similarities of those 2 games it has. That might sound bad for some people...

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
Colors. I love colors.

Really, though, the gameplay itself is what has really won me over. I was looking forward to it, but after getting my hands on it I think this is shaping up to be one of my favorite games ever. The pace of the game, the sounds, the colors, the character design, the gameplay mechanics and everything else just mesh together so beautifully. This game is a work of art.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
I'll admit I wasn't all that interested in it until someone in the Robin Skype Group said that in the first hour of the Testfire, the servers went down within seconds of them going live, so I figured there must be something good so I went and downloaded and tried the Testfire.

I liked what I saw.

DKRF

Inkling
NNID
BlueDKRF
Originally I thought the game seemed like a neat concept but not much more than that. The demo really is what sold me on it, gameplay felt great and it was actually fun.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
My excitement for this game came quite suddenly. At first I thought it seemed cool and I planned on trying it, but after more news and the Direct I became really excited.

Malamink

Inkling
NNID
wylde_raptor
I learned about the game when first announced. Upon first viewing I was very interested in the squid aspect in relation to battles, later on I was drawn to how colorful and stylish the game-world and characters were.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
I was hyped for the game when they first showed it then after the testfire demo that made me even more hyped its just so fun to play!

Vinny

Inkling
I got hyped for this game the time it was first announced, it's such a interesting concept for a shooter and playing the global testfire only solidified the fact that this game was awesome.

(And I may be the only one who will probably say this, but the whole painting the most turf concept reminds me a lot of a Paintcan Panic, a web browser game for Camp Lazlo.)

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I think this is missing a very vital "Promotional Material" option. Nintendo's directs and their allowing YouTubers to test out the game are the things that got me the most hyped for Splatoon.

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
Don't remember where I first heard the name, but at first I thought it was some new Dungeon Crawler. Seeing as I don't really care for them, I just kinda dissmised it. Then after a while I heard it pop up more and got curious. Then I realized it was a TPS, a Nintendo TPS at that. I grew interested, but didn't think much of it because it seemed kinda silly. Then I played the testfire and I fell in love.

Mitaki

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mitaki
Nintendos first 3rd person shooter? I'm so IN! that what sold it for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom