Possibilities for Team Matches before the August Update

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
So I know that the private room matches update won't happen till August, however I remember seeing in the update that you can still join a friends room in a public match, so maybe it will still be possible for it to happen even though private rooms don't exist.

Thoughts?

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
they said in at around 22:30 of the direct that teams would be randomized. so technically you could get a group of 8 together and scrimmage. would be good practice before organization!

*edit* would also allow you to really see what works against and what works best as far as weapon equips go.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
they said in at around 22:30 of the direct that teams would be randomized. so technically you could get a group of 8 together and scrimmage. would be good practice before organization!

*edit* would also allow you to really see what works against and what works best as far as weapon equips go.
Sounds like a good plan to me!!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Wouldn't getting 8 friends in one online match involve gathering all of the players into a party? I thought Nintendo said parties would be released with the August update, i could be wrong though.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
Wouldn't getting 8 friends in one online match involve gathering all of the players into a party? I thought Nintendo said parties would be released with the August update, i could be wrong though.
they said we could join friends before that august update. could be like mario kart joining a single friend online. i obviously can't profess to know it all, just seemed like a technicality that wasn't explained in depth in the direct. till proven otherwise at launch, i'd assume you could get 8 players together but wouldn't have the same team round after round.

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Yeah, have everyone use the join friend option on one person and we should hopefully be able to set up some experiments. The randomization of teams would make it impossible to test specific comps, but stuff like the exact percentage an area gives you could be found using this method.

Setu

In mario kart, it's extremely difficult to get all of the people in the room to be from your clan and would probably end up taking a LONG time. I could see it happening with 4 or 5 people of a clan getting in together though.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
People tried this with GoldenEye 007 for Wii because there were no private rooms, and needless to say, organization was a total mess. If a random somehow gets in before one your teammates, have fun kicking them out. I can wait two months, though I still find it ridiculous that such a basic feature won't be available at launch.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Even if you could join on a friend it would be a little odd doing so if you wan't to be organized. Teams are randomized and trying to get more than one person into your lobby would be a huge waste of time if other players don't leave.
Doing this on mario kart 8 is a pain

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Also Nintendo did say we would be seeing DLC 2 of Mario Kart 8 in late May, it ended up being released a month earlier. Seeing the update come before August may be possible

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I'm getting this game to play with mostly friends so hopefully maybe we can work around it until the real game releases in august.

luigisly

Full Squid
The biggest problem with joining friends will definitely be waiting until all the randoms leave. If that happens then you'd probably have a fun call with all 8 people in it. Because there would be no way to organize 4 people calls for each match in time as it only gives you about 5 seconds to see whos on your team before it starts.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
The biggest problem with joining friends will definitely be waiting until all the randoms leave. If that happens then you'd probably have a fun call with all 8 people in it. Because there would be no way to organize 4 people calls for each match in time as it only gives you about 5 seconds to see whos on your team before it starts.
Yeah maybe just some friendly matches will happen until they actually release the big august update

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
Its not the like the game starts immediately, if you just have 2 teamspeak channels set up there should be enough time to switch channel before the game starts. Though trying to get everybody in the lobby sounds like it will be a nightmare once everybody is actually in it should be fun.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
People tried this with GoldenEye 007 for Wii because there were no private rooms, and needless to say, organization was a total mess. If a random somehow gets in before one your teammates, have fun kicking them out. I can wait two months, though I still find it ridiculous that such a basic feature won't be available at launch.
Yeah, I agree. Hopefully we have the ability to join like in MK8 or other so that this doesn't become a huge problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom