• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Possible 50/50s with sprinklers?

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
I'm fairly certain that this sort of thing was present in Splatoon for the Wii U, but either way, I thought it was interesting enough to merit its own thread here. During one-on-one gunfights, if you were to throw a sprinkler, (assuming your weapon kit carries one), you could trick opposing players out of cover for a moment, possibly giving you enough time to splat them while they're distracted by the sprinkler. A tactic like this could be extremely valuable to a player such as a splatling, since you could bait them out from cover so that they would run into a stage one or stage two charge to easily splat them. Or you could have someone else pick them off while you recover. I've been having quite a bit of success using this sort of trick, but I'd like to know what other sort of tactics you use to trick your opponent into being splatted.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Yup, Pretty sure this was a common trick in splat 1 and yes, it was very effective.
Though now in splat 2, outside heavy splattling (not so popular), there isn't a weapon yet in splat 2 that can readily use this trick. (96 gal maybe)
Whereas in splat 1, you had a charger with a sprinkler etc. so...

Its still useful but in splat 2 its not going to be really popular/effective due what weapons have sprinkler.
Probably change in the future though.

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
Yup, Pretty sure this was a common trick in splat 1 and yes, it was very effective.
Though now in splat 2, outside heavy splattling (not so popular), there isn't a weapon yet in splat 2 that can readily use this trick. (96 gal maybe)
Whereas in splat 1, you had a charger with a sprinkler etc. so...

Its still useful but in splat 2 its not going to be really popular/effective due what weapons have sprinkler.
Probably change in the future though.
I think the fact that it isn't as popular due to the weapons it's paired with could lend the tactic some more practicality since they wouldn't be as familiar with fighting a splatling or .96 as they would be compared to say, a ttek or a SSP. Since they aren't as well-versed with their strategy, they would unknowingly fall for the trick and take out the sprinkler only to be splatted almost immediately.

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
I've used this tactic for a long time, ever since Splatoon 1. I always use it with the .96 Gal. However, it can be risky to use against opponents that out-range you, since they can destroy the Sprinkler, while they are out of your main weapon's range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom