Possible hidden weapons?

YourAssassin

Inkling
NNID
Azzazzin
Alright, so, I was testing some new guns I bought at Sheldon's in the training area, as squidlings do, and then something caught my eye. in the bottom right corner, next to the door and leaning up against cardboard boxes, are two weapons. Up until now, they were just sort of in the corner of my eye, I just thought they were average, boring guns, but then I looked closer... They both appeared to be weapons unlike any that are use-able in the game. The first is a gun, at first glance, I thought it was some sort of charger, like the splatter scope, but close up, it appears to be a yellow assault rifle with green accents and a red barrel with dark green tip. The second is some kind of roller, but is much shorter in width than any other roller, and is smooth, whereas the splat-rollers have divots and the dynamo's have holes in the barrel. It could probably just be that the background developers only had an idea as to what the weapons would look like when developing... or just maybe there's some secret treasure anyone has to discover... (P.S.- Please excuse the awful quality of the pics)

SuperShyGuy

Inkling
NNID
PicoDude
Well...there are alot more weapons in store for us. Maybe a charger will get the nozzlenose treatment and be a semi automatic?

Sprout

Inkling
NNID
bootypatrol
spoilers of course below for the roller ;
the roller looks like the carbon roller which hasn't been released yet based on the roller shape being sort of boxy.

YourAssassin

Inkling
NNID
Azzazzin
spoilers of course below for the roller ;
the roller looks like the carbon roller which hasn't been released yet based on the roller shape being sort of boxy.
That DOES look like the roller leaning up against the boxes, as soon as I heard about the carbon roller, I had suspicions, but I think that you just confirmed them, THANKS! Now to see if the assault rifle is going to be released...

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
The Charger could be the Bamboozler (confirmed to be a Charger) and it would appear from the filename that it has a high mobility stat, something no Charger currently has. Would be interesting if it was rapid-fire, but I dunno.

YourAssassin

Inkling
NNID
Azzazzin
The Charger could be the Bamboozler (confirmed to be a Charger) and it would appear from the filename that it has a high mobility stat, something no Charger currently has. Would be interesting if it was rapid-fire, but I dunno.
Maybe, but if you went through the painstaking effort to find all the sunken scrolls, and actually looked at them in detail, there is a small almost unnoticeable detail in one of them, it gives some info about the great war, and has some adult inklings standing over the possibly dead corpses of the Octarians. The guns that they are holding are very strange as compared to what we've seen so far. The weapons are "T" shaped, and look to be made of bamboo, my hypothesis is that this gun, which supposedly won the great war, is the bamboozler, because it looks like it's made of bamboo. But honestly, your guess is as good as mine at this point :p

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
Maybe, but if you went through the painstaking effort to find all the sunken scrolls
I don't remember them being that hard to find.. I was actually a bit disappointed by how easy they were to do such.
Of course, then I managed to miss the one in the final boss fight, the one that's pretty much right in your path.

For something a bit more on topic, I wonder if we'll ever get weapons explicitly made by the Octarians?

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Maybe, but if you went through the painstaking effort to find all the sunken scrolls, and actually looked at them in detail, there is a small almost unnoticeable detail in one of them, it gives some info about the great war, and has some adult inklings standing over the possibly dead corpses of the Octarians. The guns that they are holding are very strange as compared to what we've seen so far. The weapons are "T" shaped, and look to be made of bamboo, my hypothesis is that this gun, which supposedly won the great war, is the bamboozler, because it looks like it's made of bamboo. But honestly, your guess is as good as mine at this point :p
That would make sense... But I don't think there's any other Chargers in the data.

I don't remember them being that hard to find.. I was actually a bit disappointed by how easy they were to do such.
Of course, then I managed to miss the one in the final boss fight, the one that's pretty much right in your path.

For something a bit more on topic, I wonder if we'll ever get weapons explicitly made by the Octarians?
There's an "Octobrush" coming up, but we really don't know if it was made for the Octarians or if it's for splatting 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom