• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Possible New Tech: Basty-Bounce

BastyTheGrate

Inkling
NNID
bastystitch
Hi Squidboards!

I've been playing Splatoon a lot recently, and I think I found a new tech.

When you hold down the Squid button, you can press the shoot button to immediately get out, if you keep doing this you effectively have near infinite ink!

If you push the control stick forward while using this, you can move and ink.

Upsides: Near Infinite Ink
Easy to perform
New Movement option
Easy way to get through enemy ink

Downsides: Can't go up walls during the Basty-Bounce
Can't aim well

(Shamelessly using my name here, if you guys want it changed, I'd be all for it!)

Seleir

Senior Squid
NNID
Yoshigold
Hi Squidboards!

I've been playing Splatoon a lot recently, and I think I found a new tech.

When you hold down the Squid button, you can press the shoot button to immediately get out, if you keep doing this you effectively have near infinite ink!

If you push the control stick forward while using this, you can move and ink.

Upsides: Near Infinite Ink
Easy to perform
New Movement option
Easy way to get through enemy ink

Downsides: Can't go up walls during the Basty-Bounce
Can't aim well

(Shamelessly using my name here, if you guys want it changed, I'd be all for it!)
i will try that :D

JJ the Splattershotter

Squid Eater Captain
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
Yes, this is a very useful technique, namely in shootout situations and when standing in a single location on a high surface to pick off foes with a long-ranged weapon.

I'm not so sure about the name, though, especially with the (unofficial) goal of having every tech have the name "squid" or "splat" at the beginning. Perhaps splat-bouncing would suffice?

Lain_tf

Inkling
Been using this in ranked matches, getting out quickly at the start of a match and capping the point really puts you into a good position to be aggressive. Reminds me of the Soldier/Demoman rollouts of competitive tf2.

D

Deleted Member

This has already been discovered. In fact its common knowledge.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
This is what happens when you try and coin core game mechanics as techs. We don't need to name everything man -.-
This "point" has been brought up and covered several times. It's not a core mechanic, it is a tech. Rediscovery of techs is extremely common is all. This is just another case of that.

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
This "point" has been brought up and covered several times. It's not a core mechanic, it is a tech. Rediscovery of techs is extremely common is all. This is just another case of that.
Hoping in and out of ink isn't a tech, Shooting while hoping in and out of ink is also not a tech

WydrA

Inkling Commander
moving in and out of ink while shooting is not a tech.
Like I said this discussion has been had several times already, but please, enlighten me.
What exactly is a tech, and why do splatterhopping and splatdashing not meet these requirements?

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Doing it at the perfect rate such that you maintain swimming speed the whole time is a tech. The whole point of Splatdashing is that you're only inking for a few frames at a time, the bare minimum necessary. That's tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom