• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Possible New Tech: Basty-Bounce

ChivalRuse

Inkster Jr.
It's kind of a tech in the sense that nobody tells you that shooting while in squid form cancels your squid form. It's really only an action transition shortener, but since it's not necessarily intuitive, you could go so far as to call it a tech.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Even if you ere told it cancelled it would be a tech.
Even if it was in the tutorial, instructions and necessary in single player it would be a tech.
Even if it DIDN'T cancel, and it was simply a faster movement option it would be a tech.
It's 100% tech.

A tech does not have to be hard.
A tech doesn't haven't to be totally, somewhat, or in any way illogical. On the contrary, most techs make sense once you have a full understanding of the game's mechanics. Even the janky/ "glitchy" ones.
Speaking of which a tech does not have to be a glitch, side effect or unintentional result of the engine, programming, etc.
A tech does not have to have complicated.
Of course that doesn't mean a tech can't be some or even all of these things, it just doesn't have to be.

Tech just means technique. As long as what you're doing is not a basic, single mechanic, but rather requires some sort of specific timing, strategy and/or technique and typically accomplishes something other than what that/those button(s)/mechanic(s) usually accomplish, it's a technique.

Last edited:

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I'm pretty sure a lot of people, including me, were already doing this. Hell, I did this during the testfire days.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I don't think this is really tech, just a helpful skill that all players should use, such as shielding in SSB

Kami

Inkling
This was discovered during the testfire demos lol, post about 'discovering it' comes up daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom