• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Possible Splatoon Spin-off in 2020

Cephalobro

There was a Nintendo Direct RUMOR that has Splatoon Spin-off as one of the titles, unfortunately, I don't remember where the source of that is. To me, it makes sense that something related to Splatoon is coming out this year, regarding the secret messages of the New Year artwork celebrating 2020 (the ripples of the water), the Valentine's Day artwork (the little 4 on top of the blue) and the Caturday artwork (the 6 on the Octoling's shirt).

Now the reason why the list is credible is the fact that Pikmin 3 Deluxe is on that list of games as well, we see that Nintendo loves to port Wii U games to the Switch, given both Mario Kart 8 and New Super Mario Bros. U both have been ported to the Switch.

Cephalobro

Ports aren't spin-offs, I'm just using the port idea to give attention to the fact that Nintendo is porting games for the Switch every year.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Speaking of ports, I hope they port this game soon! It's LONG overdue!

As for a Splatoon spin-off, that would be pretty sweet :) Maybe it could star the Squid Sisters, Off The Hook, or even both? :D

Cephalobro

I believe the spin-off should be handled like the main games do, letting the player character be customizable and having a story that makes the spin-off as a chronological sequel to a main series game.

Cephalobro

Eh, I prefer a spin-off over yet another Wii U port, especially since that port would only remove the customization options introduced in the second game. I prefer Splatoon's story chronology to keep moving forward and never go back once that part starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom