• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Post Your Art Improvement! ♡

Ghiraham-Sandwich

Full Squid
It doesn't have to be a specific date, it can be your very first drawing or just one from last year! There's no need to be embarrassed - It's always cool and inspiring to see people's improvement~♡

Here are my comparisons-

My first few Splatoon drawings from June 2015
tyhjk.png

Some more Splat art from early 2016 below!
rtyuhj.png

And now 2017 art! I'm really proud of myself to be honest, I've only ever used Paint Tool SAI though. Hopefully in the future i'll learn how to use better programs and improve even more!
hkfdjhdf.png

Here's my Twitter post showing some really old art from 2010/2014! [Link]
Here is all my 2015 art! [Link][Link]

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
SAI is a pretty good program though.

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=63138852

Sido uses it and makes some wonderful art from the program. I really don't like it when artist make it out that 'this' program will achieve highest possible standards, it does not.

Can I give an opinion, though? Most of this art seems to be kinda of the same. Can you do anything else besides inklings? Have you ever considered venturing from your style instead of comfort zones? Because I am noticing a repetitive pattern in your art, and it slightly bothers me.

I also don't see form, or shapes. If you want me to be a bit of a descriptive junky:

https://cms-assets.tutsplus.com/uploads/users/108/posts/24486/image/think-with-forms-7-samples-2.png
http://www.thedrawingwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Wedges.jpg

If you start applying this more, then there will be major improvement.

I am also having a difficult time looking at your art without being blinded by it. Perhaps try toning it down a little? I have to adjust my monitor when trying to look closely at it.

While it is improvement, I would like to see improvement elsewhere besides clean lineart. Which you are doing good so far with.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
I'd post art improvement except I haven't improved at all recently. If anything, I've gotten worse.

Laseraxis7

Fluorescent Inkling Spawn
Here is my first inkling drawing every of my OC Ramen!

View attachment 5089
Here is a more recent drawing of Ramen:

View attachment 5090
Honestly I have learned a lot over these past few months with the Inkling art style! A better sense of coloring and getting closer to the splatoon art style day by day.
How can you draw inklings in the Splatoon art style?? That's so cool!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
The reason why I do not show much of my improvement on here due to my harddrive actually dying a few months back, so what I had was either lost or tossed out for space. But if you want something that kinda does show off improvement...

2016, when I had nothing to stabilize the pen tool, resulting this (PS on this one):

Tobyaibofinished.png

To 2017 with Clip Paint Studio using stabilizer on 75%:

tobyfinishedclip.png

So big difference...

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
(This one is a draft of the last one.)

Not sure why a lot of them came out so big..

TGS|Leo

Inkling
NNID
Leo_TH
Switch Friend Code
SW-3387-8079-3305
I always love seeing all your improvement Star since I was a very quiet watcher of yours back in the day, gonna do this myself why the heck not! I still remember back in 2015 when Splatoon was first shown off to the world, I almost immediately drew my first ever Splatoon drawing (and OC) even though I was still in my learning phase when I was practicing cartoon style x.x

Skip ahead a year later in 2016, I was finally more accustomed to my cartoon style and decided to draw my OC Leo again and this was the result:

LASTLY and most recently, 2017! With my current art style more fully developed, I redesigned my OC Leo giving him a completely brand new redesign and updating his look in time for Splatoon 2, and I'm quite happy of the end result with both his design and my own art improvement! ^^

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom