Potential Spoilers!!! What is this?

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
So if any of you saw GameXplain's stream, you'll know that a couple times they had to put up a "squiddlers" (spoilers) screen, because Nintendo wouldn't let them show certain things. One of these times was when they first entered Octo Valley. I found a video of a different stream today that did NOT block out the entrance to Octo Valley, and I saw this:
What is it? If you want a link to the video, it starts just after the 12 minute mark:

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
Hmm yeah hard to say but it looks like a Samurai's helmet on its head.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Looks like something captures in a bubble to me. Maybe one of the Octarians living inside the huge boss mechs was preserved inside the bubble?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hmm.. very interesting. Maybe armor?

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
It's ugly as sin, whatever it is.
Maybe it's a boss of an upcoming game mode? Or armour you can unlock after the main campaign.
Or it could just be decorative... still seems like a strange thing to need a spoiler blackout for, so it *must* be important?

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Loving all these interesting ideas. I was assuming it's some sort of creature, considering it moves in the video, but beyond that, I have no idea.

w00se

Inkster Jr.
NNID
w00sey
Well it is holding two test tubes so my first instinct is that it is some character who makes things for us but we already know the weapon upgrades aren't done through a character. Perhaps this is the person who gives us the rewards for collecting sunken scrolls? The biggest thing is that green x on its chest is quite familiar. Really similar to the ones we have been seeing on those boss tentacles. Considering the scar and the need for spoilers it could outright be the captured Octarian leader or final boss. I have a feeling that he is 1: Octarian, 2: of high importance to them, and 3: is captured and not just in that bubble by choice (just look at those angry eyes). Those are the main ideas I've got at the moment.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well it is holding two test tubes so my first instinct is that it is some character who makes things for us but we already know the weapon upgrades aren't done through a character. Perhaps this is the person who gives us the rewards for collecting sunken scrolls? The biggest thing is that green x on its chest is quite familiar. Really similar to the ones we have been seeing on those boss tentacles. Considering the scar and the need for spoilers it could outright be the captured Octarian leader or final boss. I have a feeling that he is 1: Octarian, 2: of high importance to them, and 3: is captured and not just in that bubble by choice (just look at those angry eyes). Those are the main ideas I've got at the moment.
They may be scepters and not test tubes? It could be a very important octoling especially because I noticed the green X as well. Also whats with the floating black thing to the left? Is it for the sunken scrolls?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It looks like a character of some kind. Based on the image, it seems like whatever that thing is it's 'evil'.

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
I have confirmation he is actual an octarian and also the final boss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom