• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Potentially good use for damage up?

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
Burst bombs? I found that using one primary and one secondary damage up lets you kill with one burst bomb and one jet squelcher shot. It's way faster than just trying to shoot someone to death. Has anyone else tried this? Any thoughts?

It might help mitigate the jet squelcher's biggest weakness when kraken isn't ready. I'm going to try practicing this and see if I can make it more effective than a splattershot pro.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Good luck to this. also undergoing my own test with dmg up for snipers! really want dmg up to be the new meta haha

Cthulhu

Inkster Jr.
I use damage up to counter defense up. Right now, I have one damage up main because the splash-o-matic is easily dropped to a 5 hit kill from defense. But yes, burst bombs help the Squelcher a lot.

AzuraSarah

Inkling
NNID
AzuraSarah
Damage up is also really useful for the Blaster, as it extends the range it's splash damage is able to finish off wounded foes.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Damage Up is also good for the .52 Gal weapons, since a Defense Up perk can turn that weapon from a 2 shot to a 3 shot.

As said before, it is also useful for the Splash-o-matic, since a Defense Up perk turns that weapon from a 4 shot kill to a 5 shot kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom