Predicting the date of the August Update

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Basically just say they day in August that you think the update will come out.

August 14th

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Between August 3 and 9 for sure, as these are the dates when the new Japanese testfires will take place. I place my bet on August 3. Testfires are available for only one hour per day and Nintendo surely will like to attract testfire players who don't have the game yet to buy the full game as soon as possible

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
My guess is that it'll either be "right after this Nintendo Direct" or "A week after this Nintendo Direct."
Given that we've run out of new maps, I expect the patch to be soon, so early August. They usually have Directs on the first week or last week of the month. Since I expect new content soon, I expect an early August Direct. Now, we need to think "What day of the week do they usually do Directs on?" They're usually on Tues, Wed, or Thur.

Basically, I think we'll get a Direct on August 4th, 5th, or 6th that will announce a Splatoon update directly after, or very soon after.

The spanner in the works here is that Smash is ALSO getting a big August patch. While I think it's less likely it'll be directly after the Direct, I do think they'll try to space them out, to keep people from downloading both updates and clogging up their online infrastructure. So, that could throw things off a bit.

But, yeah. That's my logic. I'm going to guess AUGUST 4TH, or near it.

Reactions: 1o2

Zovnig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zovnig
Switch Friend Code
SW-7684-8628-6291
6th of August! Don't ask me why. Just know that i'm right ;)

mewtheed

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mewtheed
I believe the japanese ad said August 3rd...

Edit : nevermind, it's about a global testfire apparently, not sure why they're doing one again since, well... the game is already released...

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Maybe the 16th, the Saturday Sunday after the new Testfire. That'll give them time to fix some minor kinks they find during that time so that we don't have to suffer them.

Last edited:

Magix

Inkster Jr.
There are still fifteen unreleased weapons. Would it not be reasonable to expect all of them to be released before the major patch? Don't get me wrong, I really look forward to the patch and would love for it to be released as soon as possible(after I have access to the game again!), but it does seem kind of odd.

Pokes

Inkling
I'm guessing most likely in the beginning or midway through of August. Maybe August 7th.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
There are still fifteen unreleased weapons. Would it not be reasonable to expect all of them to be released before the major patch? Don't get me wrong, I really look forward to the patch and would love for it to be released as soon as possible(after I have access to the game again!), but it does seem kind of odd.
Possibly, but the patch is also to serve to fix some stuff. I specifically saw the unused Shirtstravaganza in the latest TV commercial, and I know its shop data is all placeholder, so it can also fix those up too so they're able to be released. Gives them more to work with then just ~weapons~
Personally I'm thinking early mid, somewhere in the week of the 9th, probably Friday, since they seem to like to plan stuff near the weekend. Probably have a Splatfest that weekend too.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Most updates are usually done before the weekends, I believe? So it could happen next Friday into Saturday to start off August or have it on the 7th or 14th, latest being the 24th or 31st.

(tho id like it to start before my birthday which is on the 4th cause i wanna be selfish like that and act like its a present for me lmaooooo)

Gideonsmash

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Gideon1999
I'm guessing the update will come somewhere in ummm... August? But you can never be too sure...

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'm hopeful for early August, and I would guess August 3rd based on the Japanese Testfire date, but something tells me it'll be more towards the middle of the month. Maybe 13th-16th?

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
There's a supposed "leaker" on 4Chan who is saying the 3rd, and has some pretty decent pictures. Of course, people are getting better and better at faking those, so who knows?

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
There's a supposed "leaker" on 4Chan who is saying the 3rd, and has some pretty decent pictures. Of course, people are getting better and better at faking those, so who knows?
Could I have a link, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom