Prefered Bomb Rush?

What is your prefered Bomb Rush: Splat, Burst, or Suction?

• Splat Bomb Rush

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Burst Bomb Rush

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Suction Bomb Rush

Votes: 32 69.6%

• Total voters

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I don't dislike them, its just that I do not find them very useful. At least from the way I play. Maybe someone has figured out a way to destroy with them, idk..It is worth noting that these weapons are noticeably weaker than some of the higher regarded weapons such as tentatek, eliters,and Gals. Also, from my experience against them, I was able to take users down with relative ease. Once again, I may have been playing people who don't use the weapon to its full potential, whatever it is.
Ah. Yes, Rapid Blaster is hard to learn, though I am working on it. And Splash-o-Matic is definitely an aquired taste, whether one likes accuracy or widespread.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
Ah. Yes, Rapid Blaster is hard to learn, though I am working on it. And Splash-o-Matic is definitely an aquired taste, whether one likes accuracy or widespread.
Do you run damage ups on your rapid blaster? It might help because it increases the power of the blast radius damage.

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
I'm a big fan of the Suction Bomb Rush. I am unbelievably terrible at aiming so I've resorted to strictly throwing Suction Bombs everywhere with the Splash-o-Matic setup. When I manage to get my special gauge up, boy, do those suckers (pun intended) fly and wreck havoc.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Do you run damage ups on your rapid blaster? It might help because it increases the power of the blast radius damage.
I do Special Duration Up because it has Suction Bomb Rush, and Sub Saver because Suction Bombs kill the ink tank in general. Damage up may be better for the normal Rapid Blaster, especially since it has Bubbler. Inkmine is fine on its own, but I'm bad with Bubbler so I only use Deco. XD

Power

Inkling Commander
Looking forward to see what can be done with them :D

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Honestly, I've decided that Suction Bomb Rush is my favorite and not simply because the Splash-O-Matic comes with it. It's very good for claiming territory quickly and forcing foes to back off or get splatted, though it does have the weaknesses of each bomb needing time to explode and getting distracted and unable to see other Inklings coming at you. Then again, the former's why you can use it to zone away enemies in the first place; the threat of getting splatted is usually enough for them to scamper. As for the latter, I can easily overcome it when I realize that Bomb Rushes are actually free ink for both main and sub weapons for a limited time. Thus, I can fire off a few bombs, pause, and if I see someone getting close I can use the infinite ink to shoot them if not escape to safety for more bombs while the rush lasts.

Burst Bombs are also pretty good for damaging foes and thus making splatting them a little easier, and I can see myself using a Bomb Rush of them for pure offense if not grabbing territory.

A Splat Bomb Rush, however, is a little more tricky. Since they don't stick to the surface like Suction Bombs or splat immediately like Burst Bombs, I need to make sure they stay on the ground until they detonate, something that won't happen if they fall off. Thus, I can't really use Splat Bombs to grab small or weirdly-shaped surfaces like the paintable tops of walls (though they might be a good scare tactic to get enemies off those areas if they don't know that).

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Honestly, I've decided that Suction Bomb Rush is my favorite and not simply because the Splash-O-Matic comes with it. It's very good for claiming territory quickly and forcing foes to back off or get splatted, though it does have the weaknesses of each bomb needing time to explode and getting distracted and unable to see other Inklings coming at you. Then again, the former's why you can use it to zone away enemies in the first place; the threat of getting splatted is usually enough for them to scamper. As for the latter, I can easily overcome it when I realize that Bomb Rushes are actually free ink for both main and sub weapons for a limited time. Thus, I can fire off a few bombs, pause, and if I see someone getting close I can use the infinite ink to shoot them if not escape to safety for more bombs while the rush lasts.

Burst Bombs are also pretty good for damaging foes and thus making splatting them a little easier, and I can see myself using a Bomb Rush of them for pure offense if not grabbing territory.

A Splat Bomb Rush, however, is a little more tricky. Since they don't stick to the surface like Suction Bombs or splat immediately like Burst Bombs, I need to make sure they stay on the ground until they detonate, something that won't happen if they fall off. Thus, I can't really use Splat Bombs to grab small or weirdly-shaped surfaces like the paintable tops of walls (though they might be a good scare tactic to get enemies off those areas if they don't know that).
And what of Seeker Rush (from the experience in Single Player) for I will likely be remaking this thread with it included, after analysis of it is finished of course.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
And what of Seeker Rush (from the experience in Single Player) for I will likely be remaking this thread with it included, after analysis of it is finished of course.
Well, I'll wait until I actually get my hands on it but I feel that I can pick out a couple ways it can be subverted. There's the obvious "splat the guy with the Seeker Rush while he's distracted," but someone really ballsy or with enough turf can not only lead them astray into walls but also undo their work by shooting at their trails. Still, sounds like something really powerful in the right hands.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Well, I'll wait until I actually get my hands on it but I feel that I can pick out a couple ways it can be subverted. There's the obvious "splat the guy with the Seeker Rush while he's distracted," but someone really ballsy or with enough turf can not only lead them astray into walls but also undo their work by shooting at their trails. Still, sounds like something really powerful in the right hands.
It'll be great for a lot of stages on Splat Zones. I've tried it in Level 20 of the Single Player, which is an Octoling level on Bluefin Depot, and the Bomb Rush is aquired roght next to the zone area of the actual map. So I tested it out there and killed most of the Octolings and covered a good portion of the area. Definitely one for that mode. However, I would never recommend this for Tower Control because it doesn't really defend from high ground, only flat areas.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
It'll be great for a lot of stages on Splat Zones. I've tried it in Level 20 of the Single Player, which is an Octoling level on Bluefin Depot, and the Bomb Rush is aquired roght next to the zone area of the actual map. So I tested it out there and killed most of the Octolings and covered a good portion of the area. Definitely one for that mode. However, I would never recommend this for Tower Control because it doesn't really defend from high ground, only flat areas.
Thanks for telling us which level we can try it in.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom