Pro Controller Left Stick Sluggish Sometimes

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
Does anyone else have a problem with the Pro Controller when it goes sluggish sometimes. I had the exact same issue with the Wii U controller in S1. I'll be pushing the left stick forward and I'll barely move. Sometimes it'll be a little intermittent, like I'll go at regular speed - slow - regular speed - slow. Usually, it's mostly when I'm just getting going. It's pretty frustrating when it happens, especially since most of my builds are based on speed. I'll try to swim through my own ink, and it'll be like I'm going through thick mud.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I've been having this issue lately as well, and I honestly think it has nothing to do with the interaction of the game and the controller. Try using that controller with a different game. With me, it is the controller itself that has those issues. I have another Pro Controller that performs without any issue whatsoever! Try that and see if that isn't your issue.

ajxrunner

Inkling
I've been having this issue lately as well, and I honestly think it has nothing to do with the interaction of the game and the controller. Try using that controller with a different game. With me, it is the controller itself that has those issues. I have another Pro Controller that performs without any issue whatsoever! Try that and see if that isn't your issue.
This happened to me as well. It is the analog stick component within the controller. Go to your settings and calibrate the left stick. You can see on screen that it drifts back even when you have the stick physically pushed forward.

If you are still under warranty you can try having Nintendo repair it. Good luck with that. Based on comments I’ve seen online, you may or may not get a good resolution.

I disassembled my controller and used electronic contact cleaner on the component. It resolved the issue for a few days, but it eventually returned. Blowing compressed air might temporarily resolve it as well. But, it appears to be a faulty component that fails for quite a few people. I have ordered a replacement analog stick from China and will be replacing it when I get a chance. This requires soldering skills though and is not for everyone to do.

It is a shame to spend so much money on such a great controller to find this is a common occurrence many people are running into. Just know that you are not the only one with this issue. I wish you the best in getting it resolved.

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
I got the Switch and the controller in January, so probably not under warranty. Yeah, it's a pretty expensive accessory, but worth it for a game like S2, if it works right. I definitely don't want to buy another one that might do the same thing.

I think it's the controller, and not the game-controller combo. I think these problems are just more noticeable in Splatoon because of the nature of the game.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I can solder, but not with any skill, so I probably won't try that one.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I have the same issue with my Pro Controller, though I only really noticed it when I was playing a less fast-paced game like Lego City Undercover. It's not really much of an issue for me in Splatoon 2, but I'm still hoping Nintendo gets that issue resolved soon.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
A lot has been explained. I am not happy about that, but I will keep it in mind. Maybe I can use my faulty one as a Steam Controller then?

OctoKid

Inkling
My left (non-Pro) stick started to fail - it would drift back to the centre when not pressed instead of moving instantly, and its range fell short despite re-calibration. Nintendo repaired it by replacing the part and it seems fine. Definitely contact them if it's within your warranty period, and if it isn't, ask how much they would charge to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom