PSA: Please use down on the dpad if you die holding an important point

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
When you die you only have the option to use the down dpad taunt. I've started to spam this when I die during certain situations to try to get my teams attention (if I get rushed and die in a 3vs1) and it seems to have been working out pretty well. My suggestion to members that frequent the board is to only use this taunt to get the attention of your team and hopefully they will come in as backup until you can get back into the match. We have very limited means of communication in Splat Zones and this could be quite helpful if people catch on.

Last edited:

Nucleose

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KingNucleose
It is definitely strange that you can only Booyah when you die, but yeah I started doing this when I realized that the circles and words remain at your death area, I don't know if it's helped much but it's a trend worth starting.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Interesting use of the dpad. I never noticed you could still use the down command after getting killed. I agree, it should actually be useful for your team if you do this, because it marks the general area of one or more enemies on the map.

yaminokaabii

Inkling
NNID
YamiNoKaabii
I've actually started not to do this because most of the time teammates do nothing, and occasionally all I get is a Booyah back :( There was one time when a teammate turned around and caught the enemy trying to flank after killing me, at least.

Dryclouds

Inkling
NNID
Overcharged
Sometimes it works. Other times I get a taunt back. This idea seems good as apparently everyone I play with only uses gamepad for Super Jumping.

Psyf3rn

Inkling
NNID
TheTeoSaur29
I'm going to start doing this as well, seems like a good idea.

D

Deleted Member

This is a good strategy.

I use Booyah! to boost team morale and try to encourage pushing forward. When I kill most of the enemy team if not all of them, I'll spam Booyah!, and the team seems more likely to break through the line and push them back.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
I've been doing this for a while to try to mitigate the lack of communication options in te game. When teammates get the hint it's great. When it doesn't they just get flanked most of the time. A good thing to do for any player is to look at the map frequently. That way you'll be much more aware of your surroundings including the the positions of killed teamates calling out "Booyah" or "Nice" if you can't see it on the TV screen.

catimenthe

Inkling
NNID
catimenthe
I've been doing this too, especially when I'm getting splattered on home turf because the team's all up at near the other spawn. I usually try to leave to another lobby if I get a bit carried away with longing it, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom