PSA: Rainmaker Superjump Lag

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just found out about this bizarre piece of Lag-caused trickery. Watch the video:

Apparently Lag can sometimes cause a narrow window of time where you can superjump BEFORE the game recognises you have the Rainmaker and should not actually be able to do that.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Nice find. I was wondering whether something like that might be possible, as the rainmaker always has server-side hit detection. Abusing this pretty much breaks RM mode in squad battles.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Thankfully it seems like the lag must be pretty abysmal before you can do this, but usually if the lag gets that bad you're at risk of being auto-kicked for poor connection.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Thankfully it seems like the lag must be pretty abysmal before you can do this, but usually if the lag gets that bad you're at risk of being auto-kicked for poor connection.
Nah, I rarely get kicked out any more and almost every time I play RM there is this kind of lag on picking it up. Sometimes I have to pass by it a few times for it to register so likely its the server-side delay.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nah, I rarely get kicked out any more and almost every time I play RM there is this kind of lag on picking it up. Sometimes I have to pass by it a few times for it to register so likely its the server-side delay.
This does mean that if you're using a weapon with Beakons it might be practical to stick a few extra beakons in weird places that are nevertheless useful for advancing Rainmakers if they know the trick.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
This does mean that if you're using a weapon with Beakons it might be practical to stick a few extra beakons in weird places that are nevertheless useful for advancing Rainmakers if they know the trick.
Not worth it since most people destroy enemy beakons when they see them. Beakons would be more useful to plant on your side in order to camp when time is running low. You would want to SJ to a teammate. You may die upon landing, but the idea would be to just advance the counter to the point your teammate was at not make a push further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom