PSA: Stop posting "Advanced Tech" threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
No, pressing ZR a lot is not an advanced tech. The only thing that has been found useful in this game is momentum from leaving a squid swim (ie: shooting and swimming or throwing grenades further).

Mods really need to step up with quality control with threads for this section.

mrlion

Inkling
NNID
mrlionx
Didn't you also post this during the Global Testfire? Or was it someone else?

Pusha

Inkling Cadet
No, pressing ZR a lot is not an advanced tech. The only thing that has been found useful in this game is momentum from leaving a squid swim (ie: shooting and swimming or throwing grenades further).

Mods really need to step up with quality control with threads for this section.
God I couldn't agree more. This is a shooter anyway, so "techs" (emphasis on the quotation marks there) aren't going to dictate the meta like they do in smash. Shooters work in a much different way so unless there are some major glitches or something, it's not gonna be the biggest deal.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I think it's because a lot of people here are also Smash Bros. fans. Smash Bros has a lot of "Advanced Tech"...However, Splatoon, a shooter, is a whole different game from Smash Bros., a fighter. I like both series, but the term "technique" is a lot different in this game.
I don't know if a lot of these "techs" that are found in this game are really techs.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I think it's because a lot of people here are also Smash Bros. fans. Smash Bros has a lot of "Advanced Tech"...However, Splatoon, a shooter, is a whole different game from Smash Bros., a fighter. I like both series, but the term "technique" is a lot different in this game.
I don't know if a lot of these "techs" that are found in this game are really techs.
I know a lot are from smash bros, and they're all trying to get something named after themselves. It's clogging the section.

Krozo

Full Squid
NNID
KrozoMagnus
I am from smash and I agree. The only good tech stuff I've seen Is shift canceling to continue momentum over slopes and turning around. Please people, stop posting useless "tech" which is stuff that they showed off in the direct. I believe there is some movement tech in this game that will be essential, but until there is something flashy enough to be named, I agree people are a little over their heads.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Didn't you also post this during the Global Testfire? Or was it someone else?
The threads pop up about bi-weekly, this is just another person fulfilling the quota.

Anyway @Agosta44 you're right, the mods do need to have better quality control fro crappy threads, but I don't think you'll like the result of which thread would be the first to go.
This thread has been posted several times.
This statement has been proven to not only be incorrect, but inflammatory, divisive and unfounded several times.
Most importantly this opinion has been proven to come from total ignorance several times.

So my advice; if you want to critique threads, first learn what tech actually is. Second, read through and search for threads before you repost nonsense that has been posted and locked before. Third don't post threads that rather that discourage interaction. If you think something is useless, first of, like I said, you better know what you;re talking about, second of all, you better be able to back tit the heck up, third of all, you need to actually talk to the people you think are useless, not go and create another thread complaining about it. That is noise, and that clutters up the competitive section more than tech that isn't tech.

TL;DR These people are still doing more for competitive play with their posts than you are with this one.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
The threads pop up about bi-weekly, this is just another person fulfilling the quota.

Anyway @Agosta44 you're right, the mods do need to have better quality control fro crappy threads, but I don't think you'll like the result of which thread would be the first to go.
This thread has been posted several times.
This statement has been proven to not only be incorrect, but inflammatory, divisive and unfounded several times.
Most importantly this opinion has been proven to come from total ignorance several times.

So my advice; if you want to critique threads, first learn what tech actually is. Second, read through and search for threads before you repost nonsense that has been posted and locked before. Third don't post threads that rather that discourage interaction. If you think something is useless, first of, like I said, you better know what you;re talking about, second of all, you better be able to back tit the heck up, third of all, you need to actually talk to the people you think are useless, not go and create another thread complaining about it. That is noise, and that clutters up the competitive section more than tech that isn't tech.

TL;DR These people are still doing more for competitive play with their posts than you are with this one.

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Locking this thread. There is now one designated thread for Advanced Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom