Question on future weapons

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Is there any rhyme or reason to what new sets they come out with? And I don’t necessarily mean new weapons but new sets for existing weapons- just different subs and specials.

Just wondering cuz there’re only 4 sloshers and 3 brellas but like, the E-liter alone has 4 variants..? Bringing the charger list to I think 12?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
In general all weapons come with 2 different sets, Sheldon's picks may bump it up to 3. This was the case with S1 and will likely be the same with S2.

Calling both scoped and unscoped chargers completely different weapons is a bit of a stretch, they are more or less the same weapon with a different gimmick.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Not sure what you mean about each weapon getting 2 sets. If that were the case why would thr amount of chargers triple the existing amount of sloshers?

And for a sequel to S1, I would have that that with the inclusion of new weapon types (Dualies+brellas) they’d have upped the amount of them from the get go. I mean 3 brellas? Really?

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
And for a sequel to S1, I would have that that with the inclusion of new weapon types (Dualies+brellas) they’d have upped the amount of them from the get go. I mean 3 brellas? Really?
They're spreading out the release of new brellas because they garner a lot of hype. The Tetra dualies were datamined months ago, and after a month of Splatoon 1 weapons being brought over, we finally got an announcement of the Tetras. They were announced at a massive tournament in Japan, and weren't even given a release date. But the buzz was everywhere. People get way more excited for a new Brella than a E-liter , so the releases are more spread out. E-liters are easy ports from S1, so they can easily fill in a lull of content. As for more Sloshers, those are easy ports from S1, so I'm confident they're coming, we just have to wait a little longer.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I am a little irritated that other than Dualies and Brellas, the only completely new weapons we have are the Clash Blaster, the Squeezer, the Flingza Roller, and the Goo Tuber--exactly one new weapon per class if you count blasters as a class, except no new slosher or splatling, and half of them are commonly considered garbage. I definitely hope Splatoon 3 has more new weapons in the original classes.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Not sure what you mean about each weapon getting 2 sets. If that were the case why would thr amount of chargers triple the existing amount of sloshers?
What he means by "two sets" is that every weapon is going to have a regular version where it's just the weapon's name. For example, let's say the dynamo roller, the base dynamo roller has mines and stingray. The next "set" is the same main weapon, but a different kit, and a slight cosmetic change. So in this example, it would be the Gold Dynamo roller, with ink armor and splat bomb. Every weapon will share this trait of having two different kits to pick from.

You can usually tell by the prefix of the weapon's name (or lack there of) , or the suffix of a weapon's name (and lack there of). Common Prefixes include: Custom, Foil, or a gear brand such as Firefin or Tentatek. Common Suffixes include: Deco, Nouveau, and Neo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom