Question regarding gear

Trauma1

Inkling
NNID
XTrauma
Ok, so tonight I finally went from 19 to 22.

My question is, whats the general strategy regarding gearing up now that I've got access to rolling new abilities on my gear?

Should I go for what looks best and then save money to get more slots on that gear?

Octarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mickers247
Okay first of all you should find shirts with the perk Ninja Squid, and shoes with the perk Stealth jump or Ink resistance, because these are simply the best perks. These are all main perks so you can check the shop for clothes with these perks. Ninja Squid makes you invisible in your won ink so ripples don't form, Stealth Jump makes the marker that shows down when you super jump not appear, and Ink resistance reduces damage and movement speed in enemy ink. Each brand of clothing, (Squidforce, Tentatek, and Takaroka for example) makes it so you have a x5 chance of rolling a specific sub perk, and a 1/2 chance of rolling a specific perk. Off the top of my head I know that Squidforce brand has the x5 chance of getting the Strength up perk. Just take what subperks you feel compliment your playstyle best. So if you want strength, I would buy the squidforce white anchor tee, which has the main perk of Ninja Squid, and just keep rerolling to get three strenth perks. For your hat, you will want to remember that the main perk has a bigger effect than the subperks. Just plan out what perks you want, and then get tot work! Hope this helped!

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i'd say so, yeah.

keep some gear handy of key abilities, and try and roll subs you like on those. but make sure it's gear you actually WANT to wear if you're concerned about looks. though sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and wear gear you're not so keen on if it has an ability you need.

adding slots and rerolling with sea snails is probably the best option, considering splatfests aren't as uncommon as we expected. you have a low chance of rolling triple abilities, but the chance IS there. (i've done it twice, once through spyke and once through leveling up (it was a splatfest tee and everything...weeps)) be brand-savvy, as every brand has a higher chance for a specific ability.

overall though, you can probably get by with just one or two primary abilities that benefit you, and some useful subs. find your balance between usefulness and freshness. battles are fleeting but looking fresh is forever (i know i always feel great when i win a match in my favourite gear...)

Njok

Bouncer
I think you got it right. Maybe use snails for adding slots. Once you levelled all your gear and it didn't come as you hoped, you should have plenty of cash to do some re-rolls.

Definitely don't trust on Spyke to get 3 of the same subs, he has disappointed so many of us already.

Also there is no such thing as a 'best perk', so don't restrict youself to the few shirts that have ninja squid. Note that ninja and stealth will slow your swim and jump speed down considerably and you'll be forced to use slots to compensate for that. It all depends on your play style and weapon. Ink resistance comes closest to it, but it definitely is not mandatory and you could still do fine without it.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
You can go purely for looks, purely for stats that fit your weapon of choice, or do like I do and go for both :D

After the nerf ink resist fairs better on short ranged weapons and the roller class. This is not me saying it's not good you can't like it on a charger or something, just that it can generally help that weapon class a ton.

My biggest piece of advice is to find the weapon you love, and it could be a weapon that might not have come out yet who knows, and build around it. ^w^

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I would suggest you experiment - abilities can influence things in subtle but still notable ways (less subtle if you start stacking them), and your preferred gamemode, weapons, and playstyle will determine which ones your find more useful (e.g., for me, ninja squid is a wasted slot). I tend to find that - for sub abilities - anything less than three and the effect is too small to make a significant difference, so aim for triple subs if you can (you'll be rerolling a lot though). You can use the spreadsheet here to discover different ways of combining different abilities that you're interested in, which also makes it easier to select the outfit that looks the best from a number of ability-equivalent options.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
If you are killed by someonem their gear is shown. After the game go to the front of the lobby and find the player outside. Order the gear the you and hope spyke can find the exact one you like with the same sub abilities. If not, you will still get the clothing and maybe some of the abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom