• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Questioning Damage: When do I die?

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Big question that just peeked my mind, guys;
When taking damage, lets say I just took 3 shots of the 4 from a L-Nozzlenose that it takes to splat someone, which happens?
A.) You have that damage stick with you, so that up until you get splatted, that "one last bullet" is all it takes to splat you
B.) It's there on a fixed timer, like the Dummies in Test-Area, and after a small period of time it goes back to "3 shots never happened" status?

Thank you for your time!
(I assume B, because successful FPS games use that 'shield' function)

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
A few moments later, you start regenerating health if you have not taken any more damage. Health regenerates more quickly in squid form in your own ink (as seen by the splotches around the screen, they represent damage.) If the Nozzlenose is fast enough, they can splat you with four shots. If not, you can escape and slowly (or quickly in squid form) regenerate health.

Remillo

Inkling
NNID
Remillo
Your "Health" recovers when you're not in enemy ink and not being hit by anything. You recover faster by being submerged in your own color, but you do naturally recover just by standing around. Being in enemy ink will cause damage, but it wont kill you. It'll just take you up to the point, over time, that literally being gently poked by an enemy shot will splat you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom