• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Questions about my setup

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
Hi squids !

I'm coming to you, seeking knowledge and advices you may share with me !

After nearly 20 hours playing, the solo mode ended and some ranked done (to go through B- and down back to C+), I wonder if I'm using bad weapons in the ranked mode I played.

I tried two modes, Rainmaker and Splat Zones.

In rainmaker, I played with the Splattershot Jr. because it's the only one that has a bubbler at the moment (I'm level 15 or 16) and with which I'm feeling comfortable (even if its spread costs me some deaths). I chose this setup because the bubble can take the Rainmaker shots without dying.

My favorite weapon so far, the N-Zap 89, has no place in this mode because the secondary weapon can't be used efficiency or I didn't find any use of it. The missile can kill the Rainmaker because of its slower movement speed. I prefer this weapon for Splat Zones.

I didn't find any other weapon that fits me well in Rainmaker. Perhaps you could have some to advice me?

In Splat Zones, I'm using the previously mentioned N-Zap 89. The fountain can sustain some shots and warn me about an incoming assault if I watch my map on my gamepad. The missile can instantly stop a countdown and can be launch over an opponent's one to cancel it.

I'm playing the .52 Gal Deco too. It's a very accurate weapon, has a low spread and fits good with my actual "aiming skill" and if the opponent doesn't play very well on the motion control as me :p

I'm always using same clothes. As I'm not high level, I don't have any 3 stars available in shops so I'm buying the one with the most slots and just going with them.

I'll try to give you the exact stuffs and abilities on them when I'll be back home. I hope you'll have some advices to give me while waiting for this information.

Ink well squids !

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
Splattershot Jr. isn't bad. It's a fairly solid loadout all around but you might have problems when fighting longer ranged enemies.

Given that you've had experience with the Splattershot Jr. and the N-Zap 89, have you tried the N-Zap 85? Echolocator is a really useful special in almost any mode and will help your team outmaneuver the enemy team. It'll also help out if you somehow lose track of where the rain maker went. Splat Bombs are a good sub and the N-Zap is an accurate fast firing gun.

N-Zap 89 is definitely good for Splat Zones. You can leave the Sprinkler alone somewhere to keep inking a zone and use Inkstrikes to pincer enemies or contest zones. As long as you stay alive, the Sprinkler will keep shooting ink, and it can be stuck in some really annoying positions as well.

.52 Gal Deco is a solid loadout. .52 Gal is a 2HKO gun with decent range, Seekers can be used to create a path for fast travel and to clear out enemies a bit, and Inkstrike is often useful somehow.

One thing I want to point out is that the general playerbase is pretty aware these days, so while you can score kills with the Inkstrike, you don't want to count on that.

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
Thanks for the advice, I'll give a try to the N-Zap 85 and the .52 Gal.

My gears at the moment are all 2 stars (3 stars began to appeared yesterday).
Here's the list with the main ability first followed by the two subs :

Headgear : Comeback, Ink recovery up, Special saver
Clothing : Ink recovery up, Bomb range up, Defense up
Shoes : Quick respawn, Run speed up, Run speed up

I know this stuff isn't perfect, because there's not stacked abilities on an other part than the shoes but it's a stuff I bought as I leveled up. I don't know if I have to reroll the abilities or saving money for the three stars / slots.

Sorry for the time I made reporting my stuff. It's a little bit difficult to find the right translation of the abilities.

I'm never using the missile to kill, always to cover with ink or play/contest an objective.

For the Rainmaker mode, I'll look for a stuff with these bonuses :

Weapon : Splattershot Jr. mainly for the bubbler.
Gear : Special charge up, Special duration up, Special save, Ink recovery up, Ink saver (main), Defense up

What do you think about that? I chose those bonuses in my "looking for stuff" (I like to have objectives in a game) because I want to save the bubble when I'm splatted (it happens a lot, I'm a little bit agressive), A lot of ink is necessary to "unlock" the rainmaker and holding the position just after the explosion and Defense up because a splatted inkling doesn't shoot at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom