Quick Respawn Set Effectiveness

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
I was doing some research on abilities and found some interesting things with the Quick Respawn set. As far as my knowledge goes Quick Respawn has no diminishing returns, meaning no matter how many you have on your set, they will be no less effective. In fact based off of Nintendome's video on Quick Respawn (couldn't get a link without it making a video window, just google it), it seems that it becomes MORE effective as you have more.

This made me wonder what if you were to make a set of entirely quick respawn (3 main, 9 sub). With use of an ability calculator (https://splatoon-calculator.herokuapp.com/) and some of my own approximations, you would have a respawn time of a little over 2 seconds, less than a fourth of the normal time.

My question is how effective would this be in competitive Splatoon, as you would have to sacrifice all of your other abilities for this insane respawn. Also, how effective, if at all, Quick Respawn is in competitive play?

Last edited:

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
There is diminishing returns, it's just not very noticeable until around 30 points.

Quickest you can get is around 4.5 seconds. That heroku app is very inaccurate, and idk about Nintendome's video.

That said, stacking QR was very popular about a month ago, and I still see it quite often. Usually it's paired with QSJ to maximize returns. If you trade with someone and they're forced to swim back out while you can super jump, you'll be taking them out of the game around three times longer than yourself. It helps with snowballing pushes. Rush in and trade so they can't build/use their special, and repeat until the game ends.

It also helps in Tower Control when paired with Stealth Jump...

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
Thank you for the info. I see why I was mislead because the app stayed accurate up to how many quick respawns I was able to acquire myself (3 main 3 sub which by your chart is about where the diminishing value kicks in). I want to know where you got that chart because more like it would really help me understand more game mechanics.

beckert26

Full Squid
NNID
beckert26
Yeah it's really good on weapons that tend to trade a lot such as luna, sploosh, and dynamo

beckert26

Full Squid
NNID
beckert26
This is what I was gonna ask.

What make for a good trading weapon?
I would consider a good trading weapon anything that has to leave itself in a somewhat dangerous position to get kills. Like dynamo has to stop moving in order to attack, luna has to get closer then it may want too and same with sploosh. With a charger you don't have to put yourself in as much danger to get kills. But really if you tend to be aggressive and die a lot throwing on a few quick respawn subs or a main isn't a bad idea.

Awful

Inkling
S+ Blaster here.

On small maps I run 3 QR with as many QR subs as I can get.
On larger maps I run 2 QR and 1 Ninja Jump.

Obviously 2 for 1 kills are ideal, but a kill on a sniper and then dying immediately after is well worth it as well.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i use carbon roller mainly and on larger maps i load on swim speed and on maps like museum its all about the quick respawn

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Quick respawn's handy stuff for all weapons. You'd think it'd be less useful on my squelchers, but you'd be surprised. Not only is it great for trades, but it allows some minor mind games - opponents don't always count on you being up and back in position so swiftly. This can lead to surprise splats.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
If I feel a ranked mode session will be rough, when it looks like I will spend much of my time as the designated tower rider or rainmaker bearer, then I will at least equip one main or just three subs of the stuff. Yet I wouldn't mind a full three main and nine sub set for some "just for laughs" rank sessions.

But OH am I so glad I hardly encounter Quick Respawn stackers anymore!

*shudders in memory of Quick Respawn stackers in Tower Control*

They're like zombies! You can splat them as many times as you want but they can defeat you through attrition!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If I feel a ranked mode session will be rough, when it looks like I will spend much of my time as the designated tower rider or rainmaker bearer, then I will at least equip one main or just three subs of the stuff. Yet I wouldn't mind a full three main and nine sub set for some "just for laughs" rank sessions.

But OH am I so glad I hardly encounter Quick Respawn stackers anymore!

*shudders in memory of Quick Respawn stackers in Tower Control*

They're like zombies! You can splat them as many times as you want but they can defeat you through attrition!
Oh look, you just described my strategy :D And judging by your reaction, it certainly works!

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
When I'm doing Private Battles, I will often stack 9 Quick Respawn subs or three main just for the fun of it. It really is amusing how quickly you respawn with that many equipped. As a brush user, I'm already annoying. Respawning so quickly only makes me even more annoying and that's good with me. :P I've used it during squads as well and it's equally as fun to use against random players. :P

Talking more seriously... It is useful for close range weapons who run the risk of trading a lot. If you trade a lot, the Quick Respawn can be useful in getting you back quickly. Pair it with some Quick Super Jump and you will be nearly impossible to get rid of. :)

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
I'm experimenting with a more defense/support Heavy Splatling Deco build, that uses 2x quick respawn, so that even if I die, I can come back quickly. I don't plan on often dying, but this is in case the team is wiped, or similar, so that I can stop sweeps. Very interesting build to me, and I think that quick respawn can be used in the future for counter builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom