Quick Turning

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
You can only do this with the gyroscope controls. If you use both the analog stick and the gyroscope to turn in the same direction, you can turn faster.

You can also quick turn in a direction your inkling is facing as well, by reseting the camera. For example if the reticule is facing forward, and the inkling is facing backwards (facing the screen,) and you reset the camera, the camera will point your reticule in the direction that your Inkling was facing. So you can effectively do 180s with ease. Taking advantage of the camera reset can be done with both the gyro and analog controls.

Last edited:

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Lol I forgot you can reset camera. That makes the technique much more useful. Also makes momentum cancelling more useful.
Also, calling it now; gyro is best competitive option.

RespawningJesus

NNID
RespawningJesus
Lol I forgot you can reset camera. That makes the technique much more useful. Also makes momentum cancelling more useful.
Also, calling it now; gyro is best competitive option.
I was calling gyro best control scheme when I came up with this theory for the quick turn. Glad it works.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
this is even more reason to use the gyro, then

honestly i think most competitive players will like using it already since it lets you be more accurate with your aim, helping your dm a ton, but this is more reason to use it, like if you hear a splat roller coming up behind you and you want to react immediately

Undr

You can only do this with the gyroscope controls. If you use both the analog stick and the gyroscope to turn in the same direction, you can turn faster.

You can also quick turn in a direction your inkling is facing as well, by reseting the camera. For example if the reticule is facing forward, and the inkling is facing backwards (facing the screen,) and you reset the camera, the camera will point your reticule in the direction that your Inkling was facing. So you can effectively do 180s with ease. Taking advantage of the camera reset can be done with both the gyroscope and analog controls.
I've been heavily considering gyroscopic controls for when I use the Chargers, but this is really interesting. Shame you can't change the control scheme from within the tutorial. =/

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very neat. I find it better to just turn up the sensitivity on non-motion controls, though. It will always come down to preference, anyway. I find gyro controls to be way too unpredictable and sometimes awkward to be viable in tournament play but that's just my opinion so I could be totally wrong.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Very neat. I find it better to just turn up the sensitivity on non-motion controls, though. It will always come down to preference, anyway. I find gyro controls to be way too unpredictable and sometimes awkward to be viable in tournament play but that's just my opinion so I could be totally wrong.
You could always dicuss your opinion more in depth over at the Gyro vs. Stick thread (plugplugplug): http://squidboards.com/threads/stick-vs-gyro-which-is-better.735/

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Resetting the Camera is very important if you wanna turn around Quick.
Using Gyro + Right stick for quick turning seems a bit unconfortable

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
I wish we could mess around in the tutorial stage at least so we can this stuff out for ourselves. Sounds neat although I'd probably prefer stick controls with a high sensitivity

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid

You can also quick turn in a direction your inkling is facing as well, by reseting the camera. For example if the reticule is facing forward, and the inkling is facing backwards (facing the screen,) and you reset the camera, the camera will point your reticule in the direction that your Inkling was facing. So you can effectively do 180s with ease. Taking advantage of the camera reset can be done with both the gyroscope and analog controls.
Another reason why gyro is amazing!

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Sounds interesting. Seems useful on paper but I wonder how useful it would actually be in the heat of a match.

Requires the motion controls too, so that's a no go for me. Just cannot play with them.

RespawningJesus

NNID
RespawningJesus
Sounds interesting. Seems useful on paper but I wonder how useful it would actually be in the heat of a match.

Requires the motion controls too, so that's a no go for me. Just cannot play with them.
You can also use the camera reset quick turn with both gyro and analog controls.

Perfect Stealth

Inkster Jr.

Extremely useful if combined with Squid Canceling. You can turn on a dime if someone sneaks up behind you.

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
Using the Y button to readjust your camera can be really good in combat against really evasive targets so it can be easier to keep refixing the camera on the enemy. It can also probably be useful in situations where you are fighting more than one person so that after the first one is gone you snap the camera towards them. Its not a big change from just turning the camera normally but I think it might be able to make combat a bit easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom