Rage

PeteTheCat

Inkling
NNID
KingTurtleMC
(Note: This is rage filled. Don't take too much of this seriously I'm just pissed off and need something to filter it out)

How the **** do I manage to win almost every damn turf war game, getting carried for some of it, but most of the time im good, then suddenly I hop on ****ing ranked mode and the gods are just like "What? He has a consequence to lose? **** EM UP!" and I lose every damn ranked game I play, usually when we win off the bat and the enemy team decides to have godlike ****ing timing on their damn bubblers and killer wails to end the match. **** THIS "RANDOMIZED" ****.

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Well, remember most players could give less sh*ts about winning in Turf War. It's basically just a safe way to earn money, gain experience, and enjoy Splatoon. Now, with Ranked on the other hand, you're putting your current rank on the line to increase it, earn a crap ton of money, and a lot of experience. A lot of players who participate in Ranked Battles are smart, talented, aware, and sometimes even cruel! If you want to jump into Ranked Battles, you're gonna have to leave your Turf War mentality behind. Don't get salty, though. It's never a good option.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Salt will be inevitable for all but the most saintly players. I still rage often. I'm sure my neighbors hate me sometimes.

But Rockenberg is right. If you're just beginning your foray into Ranked, it's definitely a game changer. I remember losing the vast majority of my matches at first. But if I can get better, anyone can!!! Now when I play C rooms on my alt I have to toy with the kids to keep the match interesting. You can do it!

PeteTheCat

Inkling
NNID
KingTurtleMC
Thanks for the replies, but now I have set up sort of a schedule. Every session, if I lose 3 matches in a row, I quit and meditate. I am actually now at B+ after being stuck at B for a really long time.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
There are 3 reasons you might be losing in ranked.
  1. You're not good enough.
  2. Your team doesn't play the objective
  3. The matchmaker expects you to carry your team. Mostly by giving you a team that can't play the objective.
That's just ranked...don't take the letter seriously and you'll have a lot more fun, trust me. Play it like you play TW.

A lot of players who participate in Ranked Battles are smart, talented,
What game did you buy? I want to buy it too, it sounds fun! Because in Splatoon, a lot of players who participate in Ranked Battles are clueless, suicidal, and entirely unskilled. :p

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Thanks for the replies, but now I have set up sort of a schedule. Every session, if I lose 3 matches in a row, I quit and meditate. I am actually now at B+ after being stuck at B for a really long time.
That's usually the best solution. Go play something chill like WindWaker or Pokemon to wash the bad taste of Splatoon Rage out of your mouth. Go back to it later. Maybe you can watch a movie or TV show. Just walk way from the game for a while. Seriously, this is the best thing anyone can do when they start getting frustrated. Playing while agitated isn't going to make anyone perform better.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
That's usually the best solution. Go play something chill like WindWaker or Pokemon to wash the bad taste of Splatoon Rage out of your mouth. Go back to it later. Maybe you can watch a movie or TV show. Just walk way from the game for a while. Seriously, this is the best thing anyone can do when they start getting frustrated. Playing while agitated isn't going to make anyone perform better.
*Opens 3DS and starts Pokemon X. Sees Charizard. Triggers memory of Miiverse posters of Charizard on the map during the losing streak. RAAAAGEEE!

Maybe Chibi Robo....that's the ticket! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom