Rainmaker Carrier Skills!

NNID
anndimac
Rainmaker can be weird, with the fact that one person has to replace their weapon with a totally different one that functions different from anything else. So that brings up the question...
What are your recommended skills for Rainmaker?
Some I like are Speed Up abilities, Defense up, and possibly abilities like Quick Respawn or Special Saver

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I like ink resistance, because when you're carrying the rainmaker it's easy to get stuck and you want to be able to move around. in general, I think swim speed up is always good in ranked because super jumping is too dangerous most of the time, so it's good to be able to get into the action fast. And I like special saver, because when your special gauge is filled and you need to grab the rainmaker, it sucks to die and then lose heaps.

Finally, I play quite aggressively so I like quick respawn.

NNID
cgame92
I never thought about this but swim speed up seem good and ink resistance. I find myself in other team Ink a lot and have a hard time getting out.

Tentacruel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin0217
I think the most annoying people in Rainmaker are the people who grab it, and fall back with it and wait until all the enemies die, when in reality, that'll never happen. I think somebody on reddit put it this way, "Think of the rainmaker as a football, your teammates as your defense, and enemies are all trying to tackle you. The goal in football isnt to have your team tackle all the players on the other team down, it's to make it past the other team." Coudn't have said it better. People think that they're going to win matches in RM with their team just going ham and killing everyone and having a clear shot to the podium. Matches never end like that. You usually get a lucky break and the other team doesn't see you, and you slip right by and slam that thing on the podium while the other team is all shooting at you from behind.

Syd_Vicious3375

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ShelbyLynn08
I think the most annoying people in Rainmaker are the people who grab it, and fall back with it and wait until all the enemies die, when in reality, that'll never happen. I think somebody on reddit put it this way, "Think of the rainmaker as a football, your teammates as your defense, and enemies are all trying to tackle you. The goal in football isnt to have your team tackle all the players on the other team down, it's to make it past the other team." Coudn't have said it better. People think that they're going to win matches in RM with their team just going ham and killing everyone and having a clear shot to the podium. Matches never end like that. You usually get a lucky break and the other team doesn't see you, and you slip right by and slam that thing on the podium while the other team is all shooting at you from behind.
I hate when someone grabs the rainmaker and is too scared to try to advance. It's only going to end one way... either you die or you win the game. You are going to explode or get shot at... so run that damn rainmaker as far as you can. I try not to run smack dab into the middle of the enemy territory alone, but if I need to take out a couple people and make a small advance it's better than being a sitting duck.

I usually use different abilities depending on the stage. In places like Hammerhead Bridge and Camp Triggerfish I find if very important to have run seed up. I also like to use special charge up so I can get my bomb rush more often. I can pop the rainmaker in seconds and toss some bombs to scatter the enemy or cover ink.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I hate when someone grabs the rainmaker and is too scared to try to advance. It's only going to end one way... either you die or you win the game. You are going to explode or get shot at... so run that damn rainmaker as far as you can. I try not to run smack dab into the middle of the enemy territory alone, but if I need to take out a couple people and make a small advance it's better than being a sitting duck.

I usually use different abilities depending on the stage. In places like Hammerhead Bridge and Camp Triggerfish I find if very important to have run seed up. I also like to use special charge up so I can get my bomb rush more often. I can pop the rainmaker in seconds and toss some bombs to scatter the enemy or cover ink.
Oh yeah, run speed up for hammerhead bridge and camp triggerfish is important. I love bomb rushes for rainmaker, I usually save mine for the final push to create anarchy and keep the rainmaker carrier safe.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
If you're talking in terms of just carrying the Rainmaker, Swim Speed Up and Run Speed Up are the only ones that will make any difference, and possibly Defense Up, although it's not likely. Indirectly, the other ones I think kind of depend. If you are planning on being the one who consistently picks up the Rainmaker, then as stated before the various death abilities are useful since you are more than likely to find yourself splatted multiple times. Bomb Sniffer is actually really good for this too, as it lets you spot those bombs and other weapons that people will tend to try to sneak in on you when they don't want to approach directly. (seekers) Ink Resistance is also never a bad idea, especially since the Rainmaker doesn't leave a huge swimming trail, or if you decide to lead with an Inkbrush/Roller trail. On the other hand, if you plan on just picking up the Rainmaker when necessary and supporting the rest of the time, you probably won't want to waste abilities on it.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89

I usually use 3 full Swim, Ink Resist, and whatever two full (or whatever i can get) that compliment my weapon. I'm really fond of both Sloshers and and if I use the Swim , Resist, and two full Duration Up, or one and one Ink Recovery, I'm set for the Deco. It's great for breaking the bubble and making paths.

Last edited:

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I would recommend Ink Resistance Up, and Swim Speed Up. Run Speed Up is also viable but usually more situational. If your teammates synergize well, you will not need to shoot with the Rainmaker.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
I would recommend Ink Resistance Up, and Swim Speed Up. Run Speed Up is also viable but usually more situational. If your teammates synergize well, you will not need to shoot with the Rainmaker.
Run Speed Up I would say is pretty good on stages like Hammerhead where you are all but forced to walk at some point. Otherwise, yeah I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom