• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Rainmaker Help

HammerHead

Inkling
NNID
sametodd13
I’ve always been bad at rainmaker. Could any of you help me out by suggesting weapons or different strategies or anything.
I am pretty good in Tower Control, where I use the Splattershot Pro, and Splat Zones, where I use the .52 gal. I normally take the support role unless I need to do otherwise because of team composition. But when I get to rainmaker it all goes downhill. I played several games yesterday with the .52 gal and averaged.
Also I was between A+ and S in Splatoon 1 (I am still catching up to where I normally am in Splatoon 2). Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
My immediate thought: How familiar are you with the stages? More than any other mode, Rainmaker demands knowledge of all possible routes you and your opponents can take. Make use of Recon mode to grab the rainmaker and experiment, see what kinds of tricky jumps and such you can pull off. Knowing these kinds of things will enable you to sneak the rainmaker past foes and splat opponents doing the same.

flamingoezz

Inkling
The most frustrating thing to see is teammates looking forward, but standing behind the rainmaker. Unless you have a charger, your gun will not reach the enemy while they can reach the rainmaker. This is a recipe for failure.

You should either:

• Be out in front of the person holding the rainmaker. Your job is basically to make a path, put ink on chokepoints and take fire so the rainmaker doesn't. You can't do that from behind.
  • If you are behind or beside them, watch for flanks. This is useful on certain maps or when you first take control of the rainmaker, but really only one person should be assigned to do this. The goal is to move forward.

Some other tips..swim speed is handy. and use your map when you die to see what pathways are open for you. less time shooting the rainmaker means, quicker movement. Good luck

HammerHead

Inkling
NNID
sametodd13
My immediate thought: How familiar are you with the stages? More than any other mode, Rainmaker demands knowledge of all possible routes you and your opponents can take. Make use of Recon mode to grab the rainmaker and experiment, see what kinds of tricky jumps and such you can pull off. Knowing these kinds of things will enable you to sneak the rainmaker past foes and splat opponents doing the same.
I think I've got the maps down for the most part, although as I said I prefer to not get the rainmaker unless I need to.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I think I've got the maps down for the most part, although as I said I prefer to not get the rainmaker unless I need to.
If you're in League, that attitude is fine, but in solo ranked you should get used to picking it up, or be ready to do so. Sad to say, but you can't always count on your random allies to pursue the objective, sometimes you have to focus on it yourself.

HammerHead

Inkling
NNID
sametodd13
The most frustrating thing to see is teammates looking forward, but standing behind the rainmaker. Unless you have a charger, your gun will not reach the enemy while they can reach the rainmaker. This is a recipe for failure.

You should either:

• Be out in front of the person holding the rainmaker. Your job is basically to make a path, put ink on chokepoints and take fire so the rainmaker doesn't. You can't do that from behind.
  • If you are behind or beside them, watch for flanks. This is useful on certain maps or when you first take control of the rainmaker, but really only one person should be assigned to do this. The goal is to move forward.

Some other tips..swim speed is handy. and use your map when you die to see what pathways are open for you. less time shooting the rainmaker means, quicker movement. Good luck
Thank you for the tips, these were actually things that I didn't already do. I will try them next time possible, thank you!

HammerHead

Inkling
NNID
sametodd13
If you're in League, that attitude is fine, but in solo ranked you should get used to picking it up, or be ready to do so. Sad to say, but you can't always count on your random allies to pursue the objective, sometimes you have to focus on it yourself.
Yeah that's true. It's not that I won't pick it up, but I now that I'm bad with it. However, if my teammates won't move it then I will.

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
I treat it like a football if I have it, try to get it as far as you can and never back track cause it just makes it easier for the other team to bring it to your side and win.
Also I try not to ever superjump to a teammate because you never know who is hiding in ink near by!
These are just a couple of tips that have helped me not be terrible at rainmaker lol hopefully they can help someone else too! :D

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I treat it like a football if I have it, try to get it as far as you can and never back track cause it just makes it easier for the other team to bring it to your side and win.
Also I try not to ever superjump to a teammate because you never know who is hiding in ink near by!
These are just a couple of tips that have helped me not be terrible at rainmaker lol hopefully they can help someone else too! :D
This is exactly how I see it.

Also, ink, ink, ink, ink, ink. Other than turf wars, RM is the mode where inking everywhere is most important. It's important in every mode, but this is the mode where success is determined largely by which team controls the map. Maybe you've covered the enemy's most obvious path, but if there's another path straight to your base elsewhere on the map, you could be one team wipe away from being up big to getting KO'd (I mean, this is always a threat, but if there's a path somewhere, it can happen in the blink of an eye).

So if you aren't getting a lot of kills with your doing some other huge intangible, I'd recommend switching to something that can ink in a second or something versatile like the splattershot.

Remember your ABCs:

Always
Be
Cinking (pronounced with a silent C)

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Go into recon mode. Pick up the Rainmaker. Play with it.

Over time you'll figure out how to better use it and know it as you would one of your favourite weapons. And not just the weapon itself but also its capabilities on a given map. This will not only help you when you carrying, but also be of better use to a carrying teammate or against an enemy carrier.

kidsquid17

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Firefin
Switch Friend Code
SW-5267-5861-7211
I'd say move the rainmaker. I cant say much because im still in A rank for rainmaker but id say just move the rainmaker, don't let the opposing team pick it up and you just kill them. Find unpopulated sections of the map also. For example Musselforge Fitness...everyone was fighting by the lower part under the hill thingy. the rainmaker was just in it's barrier so i popped it I then headed up the hill that leads to the goal and the other team including my own team was too far away to catch up which resulted in a knockout in my teams favor.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'd say move the rainmaker. I cant say much because im still in A rank for rainmaker but id say just move the rainmaker, don't let the opposing team pick it up and you just kill them.
THIS!!!

Sure, the rainmaker now resets, but you're still gonna have those moments when EVERYTHING is in your team's but all it takes is just one squid from the other team to scream "nuu ragrets!!" snatch that fish and boom, Lil Judd tells you to hold this L.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
I’ve always been bad at rainmaker. Could any of you help me out by suggesting weapons or different strategies or anything.
I am pretty good in Tower Control, where I use the Splattershot Pro, and Splat Zones, where I use the .52 gal. I normally take the support role unless I need to do otherwise because of team composition. But when I get to rainmaker it all goes downhill. I played several games yesterday with the .52 gal and averaged.
Also I was between A+ and S in Splatoon 1 (I am still catching up to where I normally am in Splatoon 2). Any help is appreciated, thank you!
I'm S in rainmaker so I think I can help you

1) Play recon on stages that you aren't familiar, and don't use ways that everybody uses. Try alternate ways; for example on Humpback Pump track you can go back to your ink rail and ride to the end then jump; it saves a lot of time and is very useful. Other stages like Kelp Dome are useful when you walk on the railing and jump down to the other side :p
2) Equip run speed or swim speed, I mean you're gonna be running a lot so why not use something to support you? I have the Blue Slip ons with Swim speed as the main and 2 swim speed subs (and 1 bomb defence) so if you want it let me know.
3) Use the Dualie Squelchers; they have really good range, fire rate and mobility. Damage doesn't really matter that much. I use both the Octobrush and Dualie Squelchers.
4) Use bombs. Sub power up doesn't really matter but Splat bombs and auto bombs are really good.

Hope this helps you and good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom