• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Rainmaker Map Viability (Time from Mid to Goal)

Codename: Squids Next Door has recently released a video about how much time does it take to get the Rainmaker from the middle of the stage to goal, with the smallest time they can possibly go. With them concluding with this with longest and to shortest times are.......

Maps that take about 16+ seconds to get to the goal, know to them as "Viable":

Moray Towers: 20.4 seconds
Camp Triggerfish: 17.3 seconds
Urchin Underpass: 17.2 seconds
Bluefin Depot: 16.5 seconds

Maps that take about 13 seconds to get to the goal: known as "Debatable":
Port Mackerel: 13.3 seconds
Hammerhead Bride: 13.1 seconds
Walleye Warhouse: 13.0 seconds

Maps that take about 12 or less seconds to get to the goal "Not Viable:
Kelp Dome: 12.5 seconds
Arowana Mall: 12.4 seconds
Saltspray Rig: 12.0 seconds
Flunder Heights: 11.2 seconds
Blackbelly Skatepark: 9.1 seconds

If you want to see the video I would highly recommend it:

Burnburn

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Burnburn
This only shows how fast you'll be when there's only one person left on your team and the enemy team is wiped. You'll be faster when swimming behind a brush with the rainmaker. These tests are way too limited and do not consider a lot of variables that can happen. This doesn't really add anything to the rainmaker discussion, sorry.

Oh and to chip in real fast, I think the rainmaker discussion is silly and rainmaker should not be banned and also not be in the rotation less.

Teshie U

Inkster Jr.
I'm more worried about how competitive Rainmaker will be with some stages having overpowered hiding spots to stall out the timer. Flounder, Walleye, Mackerel and Urchin all can be abused to force people to approach into your base to even fight for the rainmaker back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom