• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Rainmaker - Warning don't retreat

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
I am sorry if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find anything searching the forum.
But I just played rainmaker mode on kelpdome, and after picking up the rainmaker and trying to take a route that went back into our starting zone (the rainmaker was in our zone already so I wanted to take the route the goes right and over the ledge), a big red message popped up saying "Warning! Don't retreat", which totally confused me so I turned around and got splatted, haha.

Anyway, when did they add this? And how long/far can you go before something happens? Do you just explode if you ignore the message? What even counts as retreating?

Kebab

Full Squid
If the message shows up the timer counts down faster than normal

Basically the message shows up if you're too close to your base but I wouldn't worry about it if you get out of there as fast as possible

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Fun Fact: You cannot retreat with the rainmaker to your spawn point. It's to prevent you from stalling the timer to win the game.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I have found the retreat mechanic to be pretty forgiving, normally in Kelp Dome after stopping the RM coming into your base from the left, it'll let you take it over the walkway on the right.

Not sure what happened in your game

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
I have found the retreat mechanic to be pretty forgiving, normally in Kelp Dome after stopping the RM coming into your base from the left, it'll let you take it over the walkway on the right.

Not sure what happened in your game
Yes, that is exactly what I wanted to do.
As all 4 enemy players were waiting on the left side by the passageway I thought I would take the right route, but I didn't even get close, I was just approaching that direction and I got the warning.

Also I never heard of this mechanic before, and saw it for the first time that day.
I just wonder what triggers it?

Lucarii

Inkling
NNID
Lucarii
It seems to be triggered whenever I go backwards or stall for too long trying to find a safe route. If you're playing normally it shouldn't be too much of an issue, just try and find a path as quickly as possible.

Toaster

Senior Squid
This only happened to me twice, it happened in my first rainmaker match when I was trying to find a safe way around the enemy team in kelp dome. It happened again in camp triggerfish when the game went into over time and I was trying to avoid be splatted.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
If you don't press forward with the RainMaker, it'll explode and splat you in the process. It's happened to me once, and I was too dumbfounded to actually take a photo of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom