• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Rainmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
We haven't really discussed it yet! Rainmaker and what you think it'll be.

I personally believe it's our capture the flag mode, and works like this:
  • Rainmaker is either placed centerstage or at the opposing team's base
  • Your team moves in to obtain it, and the one who does get it has to make it back to their own base, as classic CTF rules would have it, HOWEVER, they can't squid (and possibly can't attack either since the rainmaker itself looks so big)
  • Your team has to cover you on your way back to the base while also defending your own rainmakerr (if there's two)
  • When you capture the rainmaker, it makes it rain and coats the entire stage in your team's ink
  • Repeat x3 or cap the most in the allotted time to win

The other idea i have is it's a racing mode but that seems less in depth.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
It could be an assault type. Maybe each team has a rainmaker that rains that team's ink and the goal is to jam the enemy's rainmaker while defending your own.

Or maybe there's one rainmaker in the center or a number of them strewn about and each team tries to fill it/them with their ink to rain over the area.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm sure it has something to do with raining down your ink. But I'm honestly stumped on the specifics.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i really don't think it's ctf

id probably has to do with raining down ink for sure, maybe the map is scattered with the golden fish "rainmakers" and you have to fill them with ink, and then once they're filled, they fly up into the sky and rain down ink on another part, and whichever team fills up the most rainmakers wins?

i dunno, it'll certainly be a creative gamemode though

Marie

Inkster Jr.
I haven't been shown what Rainmaker is all about yet..

But I believe if there was a "Capture the Flag" mode, Inkopolis would probably make it based upon the "Zapfish".

I'd like to capture one myself, they look pretty cute, too bad they probably sting.. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
I reckon the Rainmaker might be an uber OHKO special weapon, like the Golden Gun from Goldeneye 64 (if anyone out there still remembers it xD ).

I like the idea of it maybe being a capture the flag mode, though i reckon that capturing the Rainmaker will have big drawbacks to the inkling who captures it. I could see carrying it like carrying the Killer Wail, a heavy weapon that makes movement slow, but with the added benefit of a powerful shower of ink around the player at all times.

It would be quite cool if you could have the option to pick up and drop it, letting you pass it on to other players while you take up the defensive for a while.

Of course, i'm purely speculating, and honestly have no idea what it'll be like! xD

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh, I'd love a capture the flag mode. CTF is amazingly fun in Team Fortress 2.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Maybe it has to do with bringing the Rainmaker to the other teams base, sort of like grifball in Halo. Or even like Search and Destroy in Call of Duty.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very nice theory, I think that would be pretty fun.

Reeze

Inkling
NNID
NedRox
I think it would be neat if the Rainmaker was attacked to the top of a central pole. Whenever a team performed a certain task (like captured a zone in the other team's base), the Rainmaker would spin and spray ink everywhere. Just an idea.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Maybe the "Rainmaker" is a Weapon (that weird fish thing looks like a weapon anyway) and its basically Turfwar Mode with that Weapon. 1 Player starts with the "Rainmaker" and others have to kill him to steal the Rainmaker

Aegis

Senior Squid
NNID
ritzumii
It's probably a mode where one team is on offense and the other is on defense. Defense team would use the Rainmaker weapon to clean up enemy ink on their territory. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom