Random Question No. 2: New weapon ideas?

Which of my ideas would you prefer?

• Total voters

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
The problem with making a new Splatling is always gonna be "how does one make a Splatling that doesn't already exist?"
Splatlings as a class are so large now, nearly every niche has been filled. We got shortrange, midrange, longrange and the inbetweens. I was really worried that Edit was going to step on Heavy's toes when it was announced since the season trailer made it look like it had more range than it did, glad that wasn't the case.
We still haven't gotten a Splatling with a mid-air recharge. Maybe Nintendo can throw Mini mains a bone and slap it on there?

Last edited:

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The indirects are significantly more powerful and its directs (Slow Direct 60%, Slow Indirect 80% - Fast Direct 40%, Fast Indirect 60%) so the idea is to ambush and use high-ground to hit your indirects more often.
So it's going to be another aoe bucket like Machine or Explo but you'll be incentivized to hit indirects instead? I'm not sure how I feel about that but it's still a very interesting idea.
I especially love the concept of having the design being based off a Gamecube with the 2nd kit referencing the Gameboy Player.
It seems so obvious now that you've mentioned it, lol.

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
So it's going to be another aoe bucket like Machine or Explo but you'll be incentivized to hit indirects instead? I'm not sure how I feel about that but it's still a very interesting idea.
I especially love the concept of having the design being based off a Gamecube with the 2nd kit referencing the Gameboy Player.
It seems so obvious now that you've mentioned it, lol.
Indirects are really the only aspect of Sloshers that don't have a weapon designed around them and I think it provides an interesting playstyle that no other Slosher really has. Dread kind of wanted to do that with the ability to hit a direct and a indirect at the same time but it wasn't close to having that be it's main thing. It can also quickly switch between AOE and single target / slayer mode instead of just being AOE like Explo.

Last edited:

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
If it fires two shots per burst, wouldn’t M-2 make more sense?
I didn't think of that, I was just trying to follow the naming convention. Yours would make better sense, but maybe it would be best to make it a completely different weapon in the same class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom