Random weapon thoughts

Grekly

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a lot of thoughts about Splatoon weapons from time to time and I want to share them. But I didn’t want to end up creating multiple threads all spread out so I creating this thread so that every single thought I have about main, sub, specials, and kits I can just put right here and not end up creating another thread. (Also I should mention that the thoughts I have are coming from the perspective of a solo queue warrior so take what I say with a hefty serving of salt)

Anyway first up a weapon that been in the back of my mind for a bit glooga dualies

going to keep it brief how is this weapon not better? On paper this weapon sound like a high tier. A two shot kill, kgal’s kit, cheapest booyah bomb in the game, second kit having zooms and dodge rolls for added mobility. It’s not a bad weapon no it’s pretty good but I feel like this weapon should be A tier at least.

joe???

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4284-1031-3060
Gloogas are pretty decent. Its difficulty is a lot of what keeps it from getting picked more.

But at the same time the weapon is very far from perfect; the dodge rolls are painfully slow, and so give other players a ton of time to react. And as good as the weapons turret mode stats are, you have to stay perfectly still to get them, which is a MASSIVE drawback. Like awful. Compare that to 52, which can shark, pop out of ink and instantly two shot you, two shot you while jumping or strafing, etc.

Basically gloogs has pretty limited options compared to similar weapons and that means its a lot better on paper where you get to do whatever you want than it is in practice where you have to adapt to whatever the other team gives you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom