Range Blaster and Inkbrush Nouveau Friday Night at 10:00 PM EST (7 PST)

Xeiros

Senior Squid
Color us… intrigued.

If you're wondering why the screenshot is of the Octobrush Nouveau instead, you're not alone. I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

As the name suggests, the Range Blaster is a Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. Its fire rate is reduced, but the combination of explosive power and range can be positively deadly! Complemented by the Splash Wall and Inkstrike ,it's perfect for distance fighters!

The Inkbrush Nouveau has the same abilities as the Inkbrush , but it comes with quite a different setup! You can use the brush to swiftly lay Ink Mines. Your opponents won't know what hit 'em! And since you can share the Bubbler with your allies,this is a great set if you like to support your team!

Arcadian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SpeedOfSloth
Yes, cuz I was just thinking that the blasters need more range. :) /sarcasm

Njok

Bouncer
So tomorrow i finally have a reason to try the sploosh when there's 1 zillion range blasters running around.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Well, the Range Blaster looks interesting, but I love my Rapid Blaster Deco secondary because it's rapid. And this is #2slow. So I won't be using it much. As for the Inkbrush Nouveau, this looks like it'll be really good for Tower Control and Rainmaker because it's all about pushing into the ememy's territory and keeping them there. I'm not a Brush user in general, but this'll be an interesting addition for those who are. And yes I know it doesn't come with any bombs, like everyone wants, but the Octobrush Nouveau will have Splat Bombs, so have patience.

I honestly thought it would be Carbon Roller Deco coming tonight. If possible, I'd love to see how Seeker Rush fares in multiplayer before friend rooms come.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Well these are two weapons I won't be using. Not to fond of the Blasters even though this one's range intrigues me, and the Inkbrush isn't my cup of tea.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
I've already seen blaster users running around with 3 Strength up, each with triple strength up sub perks, and now i need to be careful of both Chargers AND Blasters from afar...

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
I've already seen blaster users running around with 3 Strength up, each with triple strength up sub perks, and now i need to be careful of both Chargers AND Blasters from afar...
Not quite so, I think. I doubt this Ranged Blaster will rival most Chargers. It might have Squiffers range, maybe.

But even then Blasters have a way different attack pattern. Between the user and the inner edge of their blast radius - Blasters have an extremely difficult time hitting enemies. Unless they can hit you directly, the ink goes past you and explodes. The longer range there is before or explodes, the easier it is to dodge.

That said, a Blaster with a Splash Wall looks amazing and I'm excited to try it.

Xeiros

Senior Squid
No Blaster can match the range of even the shortest range Charger. It goes in order from shortest to longest range:
Luna Blaster - Blaster - Range Blaster - Rapid Blaster - Rapid Blaster Pro.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
No Blaster can match the range of even the shortest range Charger. It goes in order from shortest to longest range:
Luna Blaster - Blaster - Range Blaster - Rapid Blaster - Rapid Blaster Pro.
Do you have a link to confirmation that it's shorter range than the Rapid? It seems odd to me that the Rapid would be both faster AND further.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
Do you have a link to confirmation that it's shorter range than the Rapid? It seems odd to me that the Rapid would be both faster AND further.
Well the rapid is not able to splat in one hit (wich even with its faster fire rate is a pretty big deal) AND has a considerably smaller blast radius so it's harder to hit with it and it's not as good at corners
The rapid needs the range to keep a safe distance for the time it takes it to get a splat

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
Well the rapid is not able to splat in one hit (wich even with its faster fire rate is a pretty big deal) AND has a considerably smaller blast radius so it's harder to hit with it and it's not as good at corners
The rapid needs the range to keep a safe distance for the time it takes it to get a splat
Ah? I've only used the Rapid Blaster once myself, but... I've gotten OHKO'd by the Rapid Blaster Deco plenty.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
None of these weapons look like weapons I would use, but a paintbrush with a bubbler seems pretty cool. Bubbler&Ink mine or Inkstrike&Sprinkler is a hard call, it really would have to depend on the situation. Blasters i'm just not a big fan of, so looks like this weapon release doesn't get me pumped. But hey, weapons are weapons I suppose.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
None of these weapons look like weapons I would use, but a paintbrush with a bubbler seems pretty cool. Bubbler&Ink mine or Inkstrike&Sprinkler is a hard call, it really would have to depend on the situation. Blasters i'm just not a big fan of, so looks like this weapon release doesn't get me pumped. But hey, weapons are weapons I suppose.
In regards to Turf War, I would use the Noveau on maps where you have to confront more or maps you would prefer the Octbursh

Clawsome Bombs

Inkling
NNID
Noraas
New Brush? Sign me up.
Bubbler will make it easier to haul *** when you get caught messing around in your opponent's base.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
This Inkbrush looks like the ultimate Tower Control weapon. Ink Mines to keep them off the tower, and Bubbler so you can stay on? Ooh, yes please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom