• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Rank X is here!: Discussion Thread

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
If you are consistently losing games, the only constant factor is you. Instead of saying your teammates are trash, look to see what you can do better, and that is how you become a player more worthy of a high rank
Well sometimes you're a support player who has the best K/D on the team but your team can't win because your slayers aren't doing a very good job at slaying. If I'm on charger and hitting a lot of my shots staying at an appropriate distance depending on how much control we have, I'm playing a pretty great game. What constitutes a great game for a slayer would be effectively killing the other team and pushing back the enemy team. I'm not saying all support players play perfect games all the time, but sometimes the complaints are warranted. However. It is important not to linger on those complaints for too long because that doesn't help you grow as a player.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I got around to trying X rank Zones yesterday, played 6 matches, lost four, won two. My gut reaction would say these games have been harder, and they were mostly over in a good two-three minutes. Once a team got control it was hard to wrestle it back or lose it, and you gotta be ready to defend yourself.

Even with that win loss ratio, I enjoyed my time in the rank so far. It reminds me of that initial shock of getting to S+ in Splatoon 1. I went into the matches yesterday not having played much of the game for a few days, and now it's clear I should make sure to warm up before jumping into Rank X lobbies now. Once I got in the right mindset I was playing well enough to not feel like a total burden to my team.

Something that really shocked me, the lobbies filled up quite quickly. I was playing at an off time, but apparently there were enough people playing the game at that rank. I hope this means with time that the difference between S+ and X will allow for a better balanced solo experience in the higher ranks. The super good players can duke it out in X, while the normally skilled ones can play and improve in S+ without having too many pros beating them senselessly due to unlucky matchmaking.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I've played a grand total of one X ranked match in clams, and I won.

Hopefully I can come back with a more detailed report later lol. It looks pretty clean and I still don't know how to do the x pose :(

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I've played a grand total of one X ranked match in clams, and I won.

Hopefully I can come back with a more detailed report later lol. It looks pretty clean and I still don't know how to do the x pose :(
Looks like you had a solid RM rotation sitting yourself at a nice 2400. Great job! Zones went better for me and placed me at 2216 which is where I think I belong. It's harder to fumble objective in zones than it is to screw up carrying the rainmaker or coordinating with the tower. Not in X rank for clams yet but I've heard it's more coordinated and "higher IQ" (lol) than before which I believe. But anyways, 2400 is super solid. Hope you can keep raising it!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Press L and R (The sticks). Show me a vid when you do it!
Okay I got it

Looks like you had a solid RM rotation sitting yourself at a nice 2400. Great job! Zones went better for me and placed me at 2216 which is where I think I belong. It's harder to fumble objective in zones than it is to screw up carrying the rainmaker or coordinating with the tower. Not in X rank for clams yet but I've heard it's more coordinated and "higher IQ" (lol) than before which I believe. But anyways, 2400 is super solid. Hope you can keep raising it!
I was going to get to that, and yeah, I had an awesome rainmaker session. I went 8-2 for a W/L ratio, and I didn't feel like I was dead weight in any match, but it also didn't feel like I was the only one able to do anything in those matches. Even though I didn't "popoff" or anything, I played to the best of my ablility and tried. And I did make some clutch plays throughout the session, reassuring I belong here. It's a ton of fun, and I hope I can keep climbing in X rank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom