Splatoon 2 Ranked Battles?

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
Hi all!

My name is Sam, I am a level 42 on Splatoon 2 (and I was a level 50 on the original Splatoon and never played rank, only turf) but i've only recently started playing in the ranked modes. I did the initial ranked to get into league battles but i stopped after I got it on the mode that I was best at (which I thought was Rainmaker, but now I believe that it could be Tower Control) and have now picked it up again to try to get into competitive battles.
SZ-B, RM-B and TC-B+
I am actively trying to get ranked higher, even made it to an A- in Rainmaker this past week! But for some reason I keep getting stuck with either 3 teammates, the same 2 players who wont play always get stuck on the same team as me (not at the same time but over the course of time that I am playing) no matter how many times I back in and out of the game, or 1 out of the 4 who doesn't play the entire game :(
I dont understand why people will purposefully throw the game just because???

I am writing this for tips/ advise on what to do on all ranked modes, how to deal with players who throw the game and any other helpful information you may have to share.

Thanks, Sam :D

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Hi all!

My name is Sam, I am a level 42 on Splatoon 2 (and I was a level 50 on the original Splatoon and never played rank, only turf) but i've only recently started playing in the ranked modes. I did the initial ranked to get into league battles but i stopped after I got it on the mode that I was best at (which I thought was Rainmaker, but now I believe that it could be Tower Control) and have now picked it up again to try to get into competitive battles.
SZ-B, RM-B and TC-B+
I am actively trying to get ranked higher, even made it to an A- in Rainmaker this past week! But for some reason I keep getting stuck with either 3 teammates, the same 2 players who wont play always get stuck on the same team as me (not at the same time but over the course of time that I am playing) no matter how many times I back in and out of the game, or 1 out of the 4 who doesn't play the entire game :(
I dont understand why people will purposefully throw the game just because???

I am writing this for tips/ advise on what to do on all ranked modes, how to deal with players who throw the game and any other helpful information you may have to share.

Thanks, Sam :D
You can report the players that do nothing. If they actually played, I'm pretty sure that you'd be doing better. :)

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
You can report the players that do nothing. If they actually played, I'm pretty sure that you'd be doing better. :)
Thank you, I will start doing so from now on! :D

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Another important thing about ranked is picking the right weapon for the right mode/stage.

What weapon(s) are you using?

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
Another important thing about ranked is picking the right weapon for the right mode/stage.

What weapon(s) are you using?
I agree, i've bought all of the weapons from the shop and have been actively testing them out to see which ones work best for me per each mode. I've also been adjusting my abilities according to weapon/ mode I am playing in.
My main weapon is the Aerospray RG

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Ok so I haven't unlocked the RG yet, but I'd like to think that I know a little bit about the weapon.

My understanding is:

Stack special charge, paint lots and only confront people when you have your special.

If you find yourself being absolutely destroyed by people with more range than you, consider maybe changing up your weapon or strategy.

If you want to stick with the RG, watch some tournament footage on YouTube of PKFuzzy, who plays for the top team in the western competitive scene.

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
Ok so I haven't unlocked the RG yet, but I'd like to think that I know a little bit about the weapon.

My understanding is:

Stack special charge, paint lots and only confront people when you have your special.

If you find yourself being absolutely destroyed by people with more range than you, consider maybe changing up your weapon or strategy.

If you want to stick with the RG, watch some tournament footage on YouTube of PKFuzzy, who plays for the top team in the western competitive scene.
I am really, really good with my RG, i've pretty much mastered it, that and my "hamster ball" special (thats what we call it, lol)
But the range thing is a MAJOR problem for me, the way i play in ranked is more of me trying to distract the other team so that my team has a clear path, thats one of the biggest reasons why the RG works so well for me cause i'm right up on them pretty much, my gun has a decent amount of range to it its just other weapons are so much better with range, also i've got the ninja squid on (where they cant see me while swimming through the ink) so i try to stay on their side during my "distracting".
I will absolutely check out PKFuzzy, thank you so much for the recommendation:)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
You can also try out L-3 or .52 Gal if you want a bit more range and splatting power. Both of them won't ink as fast as RG does but they can still get Ballers pretty fast.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326

My understanding is:

Pretty much how every [annoying] RG plays...

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
You can also try out L-3 or .52 Gal if you want a bit more range and splatting power. Both of them won't ink as fast as RG does but they can still get Ballers pretty fast.
Thank you, I will try them out later today! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom