• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ranked Mode Knockouts

Roundabout

Inkling
I've played about 50 matches in ranked now, and I think only 3 have NOT been knockouts. Does anyone else feel matches are a lot more one sided in Splatoon 2? I think it's due to the nerfed specials preventing teams from starting rallies or comebacks. It might also just be a lot of new people making teams unbalanced. It just feels like there's not as much you can do when you get behind because the new specials are ineffective.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I've gotten a lot of knockouts back int the C- ranks because there were matches I was literally the only one employing any sort of strategy. Like it's not smart to stand next to the rain maker's shield when the other team blows it up! Crazy I know.

Obviously a lot of people are still very new to these modes so they won't know what to do, so it will take time before Ranked in this game resembles how it looked in Splatoon 1. You are likely seeing more knockouts because if one or two people are on a team who know what they are doing, then they will likely dominate and win the match very quickly. So far all my B- matches have been far more of a tug of war, though most have still been knockouts.

Even so, I feel like we had a better shot of making a comeback from what's I've played. I swear this game emphasizes getting people back into the fray quicker than Splatoon 1. I wipe the entire team out only to be battling them again within 15 seconds it feels. Or maybe it's because people overuse the jump feature, it's hard to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom