Ranking Every Salmonid

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Since it's now all but confirmed that we won't be getting any more new salmonids in Splatoon 3, I will be ranking all of them.
Unfortunately TierMaker hates me, so I'll be formatting this as a ranking order instead of a normal tier list.
There are 23 different salmonids in the game; four lessers, eleven bosses, three kings, and five event salmonids.

Without further ado, here's the ranking at face value:

23. Flyfish
22. Mothership
21. Smallfry
20. Griller
19. Steel Eel
18. Fish Stick
17. Mudmouth
16. Chum
15. Cohock
14. Chinook
13. Maws
12. Goldie
11. Slammin' Lid
10. Big Shot
9. Snatcher
8. Steelhead
7. Scrapper
6. Cohozuna
5. Flipper Flopper
4. Megalodontia
3. Drizzler
2. Horrorboros
1. Stinger

Stingers are the best salmonids in my eyes, since they manage to balance challenge and fun perfectly. Taking out a stinger is a difficult task since they stay near the shore, but almost every weapon is able to defeat one, many with interesting techniques to make doing so possible at a reasonable pace.

All three king salmonids are ranked highly, because all of them are good. In my opinion, Horrorboros is the most balanced between simplicity and complexity, requiring fewer tactics than Megalodontia but more than Cohozuna. I cannot wait to see how a triumvirate Xtrawave plays out.

Drizzler takes third place due to its counterplay options, while Flipper Flopper takes fifth due to being the most interesting easy-lure boss.

Most of the bottom tiers are where they are due to being bland, hard to deal with, or because they take up too much space. It should be fairly clear which attributes belong to which enemies.

Feel free to discuss your favourite salmonids here if you so desire.
Have a wonderful day!

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't really have a ranking for all of the salmonids but I do know my favorite is Horrorboros and my least favorite are Flyfish.
If they bring back SR for Splatoon 4 then I hope they remove Flyfish from the mode, maybe even replacing them with something more interesting and fun to fight.

Your explanation on why you appreciate Stingers also helped me realize I don't hate them as much as I thought, it's just that they get paired up with Flyfish which makes them feel so much worse to deal with.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I don't really have a ranking for all of the salmonids but I do know my favorite is Horrorboros and my least favorite are Flyfish.
If they bring back SR for Splatoon 4 then I hope they remove Flyfish from the mode, maybe even replacing them with something more interesting and fun to fight.

Your explanation on why you appreciate Stingers also helped me realize I don't hate them as much as I thought, it's just that they get paired up with Flyfish which makes them feel so much worse to deal with.
I can think of a few changes to Flyfish to make them a lot more tolerable without needing to remove them. The biggest one is limiting the maximum number that can be on the stage at once to two, but another good fix could be giving the launcher lids HP.
This is assuming Nintendo is still unwilling to remove things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom