• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

rapid-fire N-ZAP ’85

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
splatoon facebook page has released a video of N-ZAP which has shown the leaks to be legit

found the video on youtube

Last edited:

AGES

Full Squid
NNID
Snicks
Well that was fast, already new weapon and stage.
when's paintbrush

Looks like the 85 will be decent also, echolocater is always fun

dcooper

Senior Squid
NNID
victoriafan15
It looks fun to use plus I can't wait to try it out once I get my hands on splatoon.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Do we know how the zap can be attained, or how it functions? I'm really itching to try it out.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Do we know how the zap can be attained, or how it functions? I'm really itching to try it out.
There has been gameplay footage of it in the micro direct. Basicly, it is high rate of fire, low damage weapon, and comes with the Splat Bomb and the Echolocator.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
Contrary to popular belief BEFORE the update, the TTK is extremely low, being 0.83 seconds if all shots hit the target directly. Now, that's easy to do once you get in the sights of an enemy, but 1.you need to be pin-point accurate and 2.getting that long snipe is NOT going to happen. Adding on the somewhat mediocre coverage, and you get a bullet hose, easy killer, but easy to get killed.

A weapon like this is the Last Word in Destiny. You can win 1v1s with ease, but 1v2s is hard. It's better in team play, but I think it's going to grow into a competitive favorite. Can't wait to see it grow!

Overmaster

Inkling
It's really freaking strong. I don't want to assess it yet but I can say that it's good. Time will tell if it's better than the Aerospray or Splattershot Jr. but I'm sure it'll be up there with them.

NimbusSpark

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NimbusSpark
Just a few things I'd like to say about the N-Zap 89:
- The weapon can easily be comparisoned to the Splattershot Jr, having the same damage, fire rate and Sub Weapon.
- The N-Zap actually has a higher range and less spread, most having range equal to that of the Splattershot. The range of the weapon goes up to around 3.6 lines from using the Testing Grounds, whilst the Splattershot Jr. goes around 3.2 lines?
- To make up for this increased accuracy and to balance it out, it suprisingly uses up more ink on a full tank compared to the Splattershot Jr.
- I personally see the weapon more suited for player hunting rather than inking. It's still great for inking purposes because it's the same as the Splattershot Jr, just with better range, but the high ink usage is a bit suprising considering it's damage is literally the same. I see it better for Splat Zones than in Turfs Wars, to be honest.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
The ink consumption makes sense considering it has more range. Gotta have some tradeoff. It's a bit funny that this isn't mentioned in-game though, looking at it I was like "Wait, is this thing just a direct upgrade"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom