• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Re-rolling Abilities Question

Patrick1088

Inkster Jr.
NNID
patrick1088
So, I am starting to work on getting ability chunks and whatnot, and haf a question.

If we re-roll our abilities on say Rockenberg abilities, will it be random abilities or will the brand multiplier still take affect?

So, let's a pc of Rockenberg boots gives me 1 run speed and 2 randoms. Would re-rolling the abilities give me a better chance of getting multiple run speed ups, thus making the ability chunk more effective? Or would it be random at that point?

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Rockenburg has a higher percentage of getting run speed up than any other sub, this higher chance stays in effect when rerolling, meaning you still have more of a chance to get run speed up than anything else when re rolling th gear. The subs that were rolled over become ability chunks.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
A word of caution, however. In regards to brand-shifting drinks from Crusty Sean, this change in percentage does not apply to re-rolls. It only works for battles.

Patrick1088

Inkster Jr.
NNID
patrick1088
Rockenburg has a higher percentage of getting run speed up than any other sub, this higher chance stays in effect when rerolling, meaning you still have more of a chance to get run speed up than anything else when re rolling th gear. The subs that were rolled over become ability chunks.
This is what I was hoping for. I have Rockenberg boots with 3 randoms. I was going to do the ability chunk but was thinking of re-rolling first in the hopes of getting the run spend up as my desired chunks.

The re-rolling is a sea snail still or did it get bumped up to 20k like the chunk?

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
This is what I was hoping for. I have Rockenberg boots with 3 randoms. I was going to do the ability chunk but was thinking of re-rolling first in the hopes of getting the run spend up as my desired chunks.

The re-rolling is a sea snail still or did it get bumped up to 20k like the chunk?
Only snails. Murch won't serve you for rerolls if you don't have any.

If rerolling doesn't work, you could always put use chunks for one run speed up, then drink a run speed up drink and hope to get the other two through levelling up. It'll give you the best chance.

Pikminπ

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3919-7956-3082
So, I am starting to work on getting ability chunks and whatnot, and haf a question.

If we re-roll our abilities on say Rockenberg abilities, will it be random abilities or will the brand multiplier still take affect?

So, let's a pc of Rockenberg boots gives me 1 run speed and 2 randoms. Would re-rolling the abilities give me a better chance of getting multiple run speed ups, thus making the ability chunk more effective? Or would it be random at that point?
Yeah. Once i rerolled 3 swim speeds on a krak-on gear and i doubt it was a coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom