• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Reaching Level 30

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
First off, let me just say that I literally poured a drink to celebrate reaching level 30 about twelve minutes ago because I had to drag myself through that last 2000 points of experience needed by only getting the experience gained from losses. Yes, for some reason the game decided to pair me up being the only high level player on teams consisting of beginners against an entire team of elites. Thanks game, I really love being curbstomped over and over again like a chocolate biscuit being fed to an OCTOSTOMP!!!

Anyway, I have to say that I'm a little disappointed. The level up rewards in the first game were a lot more gratifying. I earned that Octoshot Replica and you better believe I used nothing BUT that Octoshot Replica for the rest of my Splatoon 1 career. The only thing you get this time is one bloody Sea Snail. With a Splatfest coming up in 2 days, it seems kind of pointless to get this one little bugger for all that hard work.

Not only do I lack the willpower to hand it over to Murch because it's so cute and I don't want it to be gutted by a screwdriver by that spiky-headed monster (ok fine, he's alright but the snails are so innocent) but I also can't decide what to spend my one, precious Sea Snail on. Since rerolling is more than likely to give me rubbish, I figured that I'd go with increasing my slots, but I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO ADD ANOTHER SLOT TOO. I would've given it to my Hero Set but what's the bloody point if I can't do it to the whole set? Seriously, I would've appreciated some Octoling Armor.... or a Splatbrella.... or some Octoling Weapons.... Or more Octoling Armor... can you tell that I love Octolings yet?

But instead they just give me this one, cute little snail that is about as useful as the Hero Brush when trying to beat an Octoshower because it's so adorable that I don't want to sacrifice it to a terrible death by being eaten alive..... I even named the little thing Shelly.

TheScout

Inkling
Rule 1: Don't name it because you'll get attached to it.

That aside, I believe at 30 and up, you now earn snails for leveling. So it's not just "one snail." It's the doorway to a bunch of them.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Rule 1: Don't name it because you'll get attached to it.

That aside, I believe at 30 and up, you now earn snails for leveling. So it's not just "one snail." It's the doorway to a bunch of them.
I'll be attatched to it forever.
I'll be fine with sending numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 500 to their dooms, but I will always keep number 1 (although I'll probably cry and smooch them goodbye as I do send them off).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom