Really bad at this place forever now. Any tips?

GerbilCrab475

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GerbilCrab
I've had this game since release, but ever since this map showed up I've never been ever to do well there. My main weapons are all splatlings, dynamo rollers, squiffers, splatterscopes and the sploosh-o-matic. No matter what weapon I use I tend to perform poorly. Any tips for getting better at this place? I'm really beginning to loathe the place (especially after last splatfest). Preferably with my main weapons but if there is a weapon that would be better than what I currently use then I'm all ears (unless it's a gal or nozzlenose).

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I would go with anything with a good fire rate and inkstrike (ex. Wasaibi Splattershot, Aerospray Rg), because those inkstrikes come in handy for the side areas. And you can throw the splat bombs of the Wasabi SS around corners, which I have found really effective. But that's just my two cents.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Depends on the mode. In turf, one person should always head for the left island immediately - if that isn't you or someone beats you to it, start fighting at the center. The layout makes for a ton of close-quarters combat, so your options with most of the weapons you mentioned are to either hang back on the multiple platforms directly north of the spawn, or just get right into the thick of it. It's a stage that's wide-open at the sides and cramped in the center.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
When I use the Aerospray RG, I usually head to the island @Dessgeega pointed out and try to get my special. However, if I'm not in the right position for it, I just go around the map, inking turf (and chasing down opponents because I think I can take them). I'd recommend something with turf-inking power for turf(like an aerospray or something with bomb rush).

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
Whenever I go Kelp Splatterscope (which is probably 80% of the time), I always rush to cover the area between mid and the left area. This gives you movement to defend against enemies trying to get to your left area. I also always throw a sprinkler in the middle of the leftmost conveyor belt, which takes it down to the left area and covers a good chunk of it and belt itself, building your special. Tbh I only usually play turf war at Piranha, so I don't have much experience for the other modes, but i'd probably do the same thing for them all (except TC, where I would go up to the platforms just Northeast of spawn where I can snipe the tower if they take it).

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
For Turf War, the Tempered can make great use of the left island-There's enough p there to get your Killer Wail charged up twice, so if you can aim well, you can help out your team while controlling a major part of the map. Before trying to get the right island, make sure to take out any enemies, it's really easy for them to pounce on you. (And if you're still using the Tempered, use Seekers to get down to their island, you need to get away from their spawn fast and it'll be easier to fight them off from the island)

In any mode, keep an eye on the slanted conveyor belts and the platforms near the opposing teams spawn. (The ones you would go on if you went right) People tend to want to head for these, and in some ranked matches, you can get up on more of the platforms.

Also, be careful around those yellow crates, I feel like I have a tendency to get into situations where I have a lot less mobility than whoever's shooting at me on the other side.

I've never played any of your other weapons, but if you're interested in trying it out, I feel like the Carbon Roller Deco can be pretty good here. Its main weakness is high walls, which never show up here. Even the grate that usually serves as a perch can be hit by jumping and swinging, and close enough to get a splat in with one swing rather than flicking. Seeker Rush can block off the conveyor belt in front of their spawn for Splat Zones, and Seekers are good for hitting people up conveyor belts that would push you back. Because of the size and flatness of the map, it's also really easy to get around with them.

The Carbon Roller Deco has a bit of an advantage over the Tempered on this map because of its openness. When trying to flick or paint an area, a Dynamo is a bit more vulnerable to hits after traveling a Seeker trail because of its slowness, but a Carbon Roller would have an easier time. I imagine I might be thinking this due to my playstyle, though, I tend to want to get up close, so I don't have the habit of keeping my distance with a Dynamo.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
As a Tempered Dynamo on Splatzones I normally prefer to stay at treadmills painting enemy zone and using seekers when necessary. Be careful when entering the ramps when enemy occupied it, if you don't have bombs or megaphone laser to keep them away, choose the longest but safe path, the left respawn side.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
From my own experience, Sploosh definitely does not work well on Piranha Pit. There is too much visibility for enemies to spot you before you can try anything funny with the Sploosh. I recommend either of the Splash o matics instead. You still get a great rate of fire, and the recent buffs only made them better.

I find that the N-Zap 89 is really great for that map, since you can put a sprinkler anywhere in just about any mode to get something done. Charging a special, supporting a friendly zone, or just inking turf. The gun itself is incredibly reliable, and the inkstrike is great for that map as someone already stated.

GerbilCrab475

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GerbilCrab
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try them out next time I play on the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom